Santa's Spiked Hot Chocolate

I'm thinking there may be some early birds this weekend getting ready to decorate for Christmas. If that's the case, the following recipe for spiked hot chocolate may be just the thing!

I originally posted this a few years ago but will ressurect it now in honour of December.

Just make sure Santa's not driving the sleigh before you serve him this one!!

Santa's Spiked Hot Chocolate



1 oz Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
2 oz Bailey's Irish cream
hot chocolate (I use Swiss Miss)
1 1/2 oz whipped cream

Gently heat your liquers before adding them to piping hot, hot chocolate ( about 15 seconds in the microwave.

Add it all together and then top with whipped cream.

Sooooo good!

As an aside and in a pinch kahlua liquer is also very good in hot chocolate.

Cheers!

Comments

  1. yum! I once had a "drink" that I will tell you the name of another time, with irish cream and frangelico! This sounds even better since I am a HOT CHOCOLATE fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the old school lil' deb xmas cake........those are the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady, I love Hot Chocolate also !!! I would love to have some right now. sweet laddy I just post my Tablescape on can you take a look Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spiked warm drinks in the cold months! I think I might make this for Santa a little early! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LYNDS...

    I LOVE SWISS MISS THE BESTEST...

    WHIPPED CREAM "OR" MARSHMALLOWS...

    EACH MAKE THEIR OWN UNIQUE CONTRIBUT- ION TO THE WONDERLAND THAT IS HOT CHOCOLATE [COCOA].

    HOWEVER, I'VE NEVER HAD FRANGELICO THAT I'M AWARE OF AND UNSURE EXACTLY WHAT A HAZELNUT TASTES LIKE.

    I DON'T LIKE KAHLUA OR ANYTHING COFFEE-ISH.

    I DO LOVE ME SOME LIL DEB'S THO...

    TRU DAT!

    I LOVE HOW U LET YER INNER CHILD OUT TO LAY DURING THE HOLIDAYS.

    IT ALWAYS MAKES ME SMILE!

    TOWANDA, BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOVE hot chocolate so this will be in my mug SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not really hot chocolate weather here right now - bubbles would be a more likely choice for a tree trimming gathering here right now. But I'm bookmarking this for winter - yum!
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting ready to decorate this weekend and I do so like to have a festive beverage while doing so. This looks like just the ticket! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment