Shrimp Lemon Pepper Linguini

It's a Monday - and only a week and a half until my holidays begin!

I'll be away from my office the entire month of July and I can hardly wait because I'll not only be cooking, I'll be throwing myself into what I like to do best - looking after my home, decorating, and creating everyday magic...



It's been quite a year!

The bread baking, pastry cutting, and freezer cooking I did in the Fall conjure up happy memories of crisp cool air, and vibrant coulors, as I prepared for the cold weather ahead.

December found me cookie making, decorating, soup stirring, and turkey planning - bringing new life, borderline neurotic tendencies (I may be the newly appointed Kitchen Witch - but I am still me) and warm comfort to myself and my family during this year's cold and snowy winter.

And my return to healthier eating and fitness in February and March added up to more energy and feelings of well being as winter turned to spring.

But I'm the most excited about the next couple of months.

Summer for me is all about the herbs, flowers, fruits, and vegetables which grow in abundance in our gardens.

Years ago, I read a book called Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman and I was completely enchanted.

Her story about two sisters living in a rambling old Victorian house with lush gardens full of such magical wonders as lemon verbena, lavender, and chamomile, set my imagination ablaze and I knew that I would one day have a garden like that of my own.

Over time it slowly manifests itself.





This summer I look forward to red ripe juicy tomatoes, fat purple blueberries, sweet raspberries and succulent strawberries, along with an abundance of herbs, vegetables, and other greenery.

The other thing I love about summer is that many of its most wonderful meals are quick and easy to prepare like this WINNER of a recipe for a gorgeous weeknight supper:

Shrimp Lemon Pepper Linguini

For Printable Recipe click HERE



Ingredients
  • 1 (8 ounce) package linguine or spaghetti pasta
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 cup salted butter
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (I use rosemary, and thyme but basil is also very good )
Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute garlic about 1 minute. Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
  3. Mix shrimp, butter, parsley, and herbs into the saucepan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque. Stir in the cooked linguine, and continue cooking 2 minutes, until well coated.

I hope you'll try this one because it truly is...

Just.

That.

Fabulous.

From my kitchen to yours, here's to the creation of everyday magic...

Bippity.

Boppity.

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. OK, blogger is NOT alerting me of new posts, so I almost missed this!!!

    The Linguini sounds like the perfect meal when it's "Girl's Night" here! I'll have to give it a try...& soon!

    I wish I could have an herb garden here. My attempts have been thwarted by animals, weather & soil conditions. Someday I'll live somewhere magical....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe would be perfect for Girl's Night - it is just delicious.

    Grrr... I'm having so many problems with my Blogger subscription stuff!

    For your herbs... Have you ever tried doing a salad or herb garden in a planter? That's what I did for years. That way you can control the soil, what animals have access, and even the weather because you can move your piots around.

    I like doing a great big pot of different lettuces, and green onions (lettuce is EASY to grow) a couple more filled with herbs, and a few tomatoes. This sort of thing looks pretty on a porch. For years, though, I kept them up on a table to protect my precious herbs from cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden pics. You're planting seeds......in my head. Eventually, as with your book, those seeds are going to sprout and come to fruition in the form of my very own garden. We get some great weather here in Northern California so that will be a huge plus. I keep telling my husband how much I'd like one. I'll need his help to get the hardware in place so I'm planting seeds of my own. Can't wait to see what magic abounds from your lovely little garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I'm planting seeds :-)

    And the garden once we got going with it, is much easier that I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be needing a meatless meal for tomorrow night ... and this looks excellent! Thanks for pointing the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment