Cooking with Giada - Rib Eye Steak with Black Olive Vinaigrette

My husband bought me the cookbook Giada's Kitchen for Christmas and I've enjoyed the recipes I've tried so far.



However, like the many dozens of other cookbooks sitting on my shelves, I haven't actually made a point of trying the recipes.

I mean to, I tell myself I will - heck, I even bookmark pages - but then I go onto something else and forget all about that wonderful Moroccan salad, or risotto I was going to try.

Well, no more.

When my husband gave me the book my intention was to cook my way through it trying a new recipe every week.

At first I was on it, making such lovely items as:

Linguini with Shrimp and Lemon Oil



Chocolate Panna Cotta with Amaretto Whip Cream



But then I kind of fell by the wayside.

However, now that I'm on holidays I have the time to indulge in my culinary passions and have decided to continue cooking and blogging my way through Giada's cookbook.

Tonight I made a recipe for Rib Eye Steak with Black Olive Vinaigrette and, honestly, I can't say enough about it because it was truly

Just.

That.

Fabulous.

The highest honour a recipe can get around these parts.

I served it with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and garden fresh peas and carrots to give it my signature retro kick.




I have to tell you, Giada deserves major kudos for this one. It's easy, original, and incredibly tasty!


Rib Eye Steak with Black Olive Vinaigrette

Printable Recipe HERE

* 1 2-inch rib-eye steak, boneless
* 1 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Black Olive Vinaigrette:

* 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 1 garlic clove
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions

For the Rib-eye: Preheat your grill pan on medium high heat. Coat the beef with olive oil and sprinkle with the Herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes a side until the meat is medium-rare, remove from heat, and allow to rest.

For the Black Olive Vinaigrette: Combine the olives, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until mixed. In a small pitcher combine the olive oil and vegetable oil. Drizzle the oil into the blender with the machine running. Transfer the vinaigrette to a serving dish. Stir in the parsley and serve with the rib-eye.

***

This one's everyday magic taken to a whole new level! I will be serving this at dinner parties for years to come.

***

***

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. Oh my, such a gorgeous, festive, beautiful feast!! Perfect for summer holidays indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting and stopping by. It was very, very good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment