Surf and Turf Burger

My husband loves a good burger and his favourite dishes (when not having burgers) always involve some kind of seafood. So why not combine the two? I did just that and came up with what is now his favourite burger! Give this one a try - it's really good!


Surf and Turf Burger

For printable recipe click HERE



Ingredients
  • 4 green onions, chopped medium fine
  • 2 tbsp parsley, chopped very fine
  • 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 cup cooked shrimp
  • 1/4 cup seafood sauce
  • juice of fresh lemon
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
  • Mayonnaise
Directions
  1. Shape meat into patties and place patties in a single layer on a small cookie sheet or serving tray.
  2. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  3. Meanwhile stir one cup cooked shrimp with 1/4 cup seafood cocktail sauce, the basil, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
  4. Grill the burgers app 5 minutes per side.
  5. Spread mayonnaise on both sides of a hamburger bun then layer lettuce, the burger, and top with the shrimp in sauce.
Finally, eat and enjoy!


Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube

Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest


Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. I like this - but then, cholesterol isn't a problem for me.

    Aside: My GOOD cholesterol is too low. My Doc says there are only two things that will affect it - Exercise and Alcohol. I know what you are thinking, but I already have the Alcohol part covered, so my options are kinda slim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does pack that cholesterol punch. God, I hate getting to an age where we have to think about these things!

    I'm inclined to exercise today, if I could just put this vodka down...

    Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I don't know which I like better, this recipe or your comment about the vodka! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously.

    Sea.

    Bugs.

    I don't care if they are the little ones. Gross.

    It could be worse. It could be the big ones. I will happily sit and catch Dungeness all day long. Won't eat'em. Don't even get me started on the foulness that is lobster. ;p

    Mr. Fairy would probably love these though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divah, you KNOW I'm getting into the vodka tonight - tomato style! I might just have to blog about it toorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment