Oven Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes

Today was all about comfort from beginning to end.

I slept in, read a good book, drank coffee, and stayed in my pyjamas.

The PB and TH were both out which also gave me the opportunity to put on my play list and clean.

I sang along to Jack and Diane, Heavy Metal, and Margaritaville - to name a few favourite cleaning songs - while I lemon oiled all the antiques, dusted every nook and cranny, shampooed my carpets, washed the floors and scrubbed my tub.

Strangely enough, I find comfort in cleaning.

Working full time doesn't afford me the time I'd like to spend on my home - so when I get a window of opportunity like today, I jump on it.

Tomorrow the yard!

Meanwhile, one of my favourite "comfort meals" is oven fried chicken breasts and mashed potatoes.

This recipe takes the idea of shake and bake to a whole new level...

And trust me on the mayonaisse.

It makes for moist, tender, flavourful chicken every time.

Enjoy...

Oven Fried Chicken Breasts



* 3-5 bone in chicken breasts
* 2 cups dried bread crumbs (Panko are great)
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
* 1 cup mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme, cayenne, paprika, and olive oil. (The oil in the crumb coating will mimic a "fried" texture out of the oven.)

Mix the worcestershire sauce and mayo together and coat the chicken with the mayonnaise mix. Place chicken en pieces in bowl with bread crumb mixture and coat until well coated. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and bake for 45 - 60 minutes minutes until juices run clear.

This chicken is also exceptionally good cold.

I often make it in the summer to take on picnics.

But for today, it was all about the comfort...

So tell me. what kind of music do you get your clean on with?

Enquiring minds are feeling nosey...

And then have a simply spectacular day...

Comments

  1. I tried to print this recipe with no success...there is nowhere to click for printable recipe..:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Penny. This is an older blog and I didn't have that function yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worcestershire sauce go in the mayo or the bread crumb mixture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out - the recipe is unclear. In the mayo :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment