Holiday Cocktails: Red Shoe Martinis and Greentinis

It's funny how the world has gone back to cocktails.



For years in all of my social circles the only thing people drank was wine and beer.

And usually that occurred among gender lines with the men predominantly drinking beer and the women, wine.

But over the last few years, I've noticed a shift.

My first venture into the world away from wine occured about two years ago while on a business trip.

A colleague and I went out to dinner to a steakhouse, and feeling adventurous, ordered dirty martinis.

For those of you who don't know, a dirty martini is full on alcohol with a splash of olive juice thrown in for good measure.

I know.

It doesn't sound all that good.

But if you love olives like we do - and these martinis came with not one, not two, but three - you can kind of understand.

And we got to the steakhouse hungry, so that the olives mixed with all that vodka, just seemed to go down good.

By the time our steaks arrived, the two of us were in euphoric moods.

Since that day, I have sampled martinis in many different places - with probably the best martini of all time coming from a bar at the O'Hare airport in Chicago.

The next time any of you is there - I highly recommend it ;)

But now I've kind of moved on from those and have recently begun to experiment with other types of libation starting with...






















The Red Shoe Martini... my signature drink for holiday entertaining.

You will need:

An ounce and a half vodka
1/2 ounce blackberry liquer
1/2 cup cranberry juice
Juice of one lime

Shake shake shake with ice and serve very cold.

The Greentini... my other signature cocktail for holiday entertaining




To make mix:
1 and half ounces of mandarin vodka
1/2 ounces blue curaco
1 cup orange juice
juice of 1/2 a fresh lime

Shake, shake, skake and serve very cold.

Comments

  1. YOur red Martini is alot like our Cosmopolitan. I drink them all the time. I will try the GREEN Martini, sounds GOOD! BTW,my maiden name was Martini!!!!!!!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment