Weekend Lunch - The Fabulous Fajita!

Hey everyone!

The PB and I just had the most wonderful lunch...



Do you ever make fajitas? If not, today's your lucky day, because I'm going to show you how to make these wonderfully healthy and delicious lunch or dinner time treats.

You can use your imagination and pretty much fill them with any combination of your choice.

For today, I used cheddar cheese, tomatoes, finely diced purple onion, green onion, ham, and avocado.



Avocados are super foods linked to lower cholesterol, lower heart disease, stroke risk, and provide many protective elements from cancer.

The illustrious tomato is also linked to prevention. It contains a magical property called lycopene, a vital anti-oxidant that helps in the fight against cancerous cell formation as well as other kinds of health complications and diseases.

Onions contain many vitamins and also contain anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.

Cheese is a wonderful source of protein and calcium.

Which adds up to a lunch that is not only delicious, it's great for you!

Once you have all your ingredients lined up, it's time to prepare your burrito shell. I always use whole wheat because I try to get my fibre wherever I can.

Spread a thin layer of margarine on one side of the shell



Turn over and layer your ingredients on one half of the shell starting and ending with cheese.

For a little extra pizazz, add a few dashes of hot sauce if you wish.



Fold over and put in a hot pan that has been turned to medium and sprayed with PAM.



Turn over when bottom side is browned and cheese is melting.



Tasty, easy, and oh so healthy!



What could be more magical than that?

Ole!

***

This week on Dishin It!



This week's episode is all about fate - or as Forrest Gump so succinctly put it "I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze..."



Featuring stories and insights about life, "coincidences," and the breezes that carry us forward, I've put together probably one of my most favourite podcasts to date.

Not because I actually think I'm "That. Fabulous," but because something very special happened to me this week.

So join me weekly on Dishin It!

It's a great reminder for you *and I* of what A Fabulously Good Life this really is!


Comments

  1. Looks terrific! We don't cook our tortillas, just eat them cold but this might be GOOOOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment