Fresh Sole Topped with Olive Infused Salsa Cruda

Today's recipe is absolutely DELICIOUS!

Honest.















For the longest time I thought coming home from work and cooking dinner was a chore. But as I've gotten a little older, and a lot more appreciative of the abundance in my life, the cooking of dinner has become somewhat of an evening meditation.

It begins in the morning as I get ready. Brush my teeth, do my hair, slap on a little makeup, and then - what to cook for dinner?

Oftentimes, because I'm a Food Network, Food blog, and cookbook junkie, I've been up for an hour reading or watching something that inspires me and already have a basic idea of what I would like to prepare.

Like this morning.

I was looking at a recipe for sole meuniere and thought fish might be nice.

And I just happened to have sole that I purchased fresh last weekend in my freezer.

At first I had every intention of re-creating a lovely lemony meuniere, but as the day wore on, I began to feel less excited about eating buttery fried food.

Work has been stressful, cold and flu season abounds, and the late bounty of tomatoes coming from my garden was enough to have me reconsider something healthier.

And then I remembered! I still had a container of tapenade that I had made last weekend for a Giada recipe: Rib Eye Steak with Black Olive Vinaigrette

What if I used half as a marinade to steam the sole in and then mixed the other half with fresh tomatoes, parsley, and capers as kind of salsa cruda for the fish?

Cooking can be so exciting!

So that's what I did...

Starting with the sole.

I laid her on a cookie sheet all debutante like, covered her with foil and then sprinkled with sea salt, pepper, and about a 1/2 tsp herbes de provence.
















It became apparent our girl needed some suntan oil. So I generously slathered her on both sides with Giada's Vinaigrette.















I covered the fish with a tent of tin foil and put her in a 425 oven for 12 minutes.

Then I went to work on the topping.

Two red, ripe, juicy tomatoes, 1/4 cup fresh parsley, and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette

















Et voila!

















Fresh, flavourful, easy, and delicious fish - the perfect meal for the tail end of a busy week.

For PRINTABLE RECIPE click HERE

Comments

  1. Your fish looks positively delicious! I can imagine the flavor of the tapenade is amazing with the freshness of the salsa. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Reenie. It really turned out great :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment