Two Week Menu Planner November 1-14

I've been so busy with work lately that my inspiration to cook a nice dinner has been somewhat subdued.

It's not that I don't want to enjoy a great meal after a long day at work, it's just that most days I'm too tired to come up with what to make.

Also, with TH away at school, its time to tighten the budget.

I know from long experience that a two week menu plan reduces trips to the grocery store and eating out.

So this week, I've pre-planned and have already gone shopping for everything I need.

Warm corn chowder and corn bread muffins


















That way all my ingredients for the evening's recipe are out and ready to go when I get home from work.

The cooking, for me, is a meditation.

I put some music on, pour a glass of wine, set a nice table, and get lost in the process of creating - a practice I enjoy because it helps me unwind, forget work, and reflect on other aspects of my life.

And I'm looking forward to this week's menu because it's a nice blend of old fashioned comfort food - so wonderful during these rainy days of Autumn - and the bright fresh flavours of three new recipes I'm trying from Giada's Kitchen.

I hope you enjoy.

The blogs and recipes to come will coorespond with each day of the week.

On the menu

Week One

Tasty Enchilada Casserole



















Monday - Old Fashioned Baked Macaroni and Cheese with salad.
Tuesday - Leftover Macaroni and Cheese dressed up with ham, red peppers, and broccoli
Wednesday - Roasted Halibut with Grapefruit Fennel Salsa
Thursday - Chicken Breasts Bordelaise
Friday - Enchilada Casserole (I will bake half and freeze half - this recipe freezes well)
Saturday - Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree
Sunday - Beef Stew

Week Two

Ham and Brocolli Quiche


















Monday - Left over stew
Tuesday - Spicy Corn Chowder with Crab and Prawns
Wednesday - Leftover Chowder
Thursday - Creole Pork Chops with Grilled Corn and Twice Baked Potatoes
Friday - Old fashioned Spaghetti and Meatballs
Saturday - Beef Roast with Spicy Parsley Tomato Sauce
Sunday - Ham and Brocolli Quiche with Salad
Join me over the next two weeks for all the recipes!

Until then - BOO!



***

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments