Hamburger Soup

I've been feeling a little under the weather over the past few days. Tired, chilled and fighting off a flu bug, I felt the need for soup.

And not just any old soup.

My original recipe for hamburger soup is something I crave when the weather grows cold and I need something to help me feel better. Packed with flavourful ingredients, spices, and a gorgeous tomato and beef infused broth, this soup is sure to please for a weeknight dinner or a casual winter get together.

It's super easy to put together and is, quite honestly, just delicious. I hope you give it a try... and if you do, let me know what you think!

Hamburger Soup
For printable recipe click here



















 

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 6

Ingredients
  • One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • One large onion diced
  • 2 stalks diced celery
  • 2 carrots, peeled diced
  • 1 pound extra lean ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning (I use Emeril's creole seasoning )
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 4 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 large tin mixed beans
  • 4 cups low sodium beef stock
  • 1 14 ounce/398 ml tin diced tomatoes
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 3 cups macaroni noodles cooked to al dente
Directions
  1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large dutch oven.
  2. Saute the onions, celery, carrots, and ground beef until beef begins to brown and vegetables become tender.
  3. Add the Creole seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic and continue to saute until the beef is fully cooked.
  4. Add the beans, beef stock, tomatoes, and bay leaves.
  5. Simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
  6. Serve in large deep bowls with 3/4 cup macaroni noodles per serving



    ***

    Author:

    Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

    Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

    Facebook Twitter YouTube

    Comments

    1. LOOKS FABU, LYNDS.

      WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BIG BOWL OF IT RIGHT NOW.

      BREAKFAST WASN'T MUCH TO WRITE HOME ABOUT AND I AM STILL HUNGRY!

      I'VE BEEN ON A SEMI STARVATION "DIET" BECAUSE THE FOOD HERE IS JUST "THAT" CRAPPY, SO YER HOME COOKING IS LOOKIN' MIGHTY DELISH, DOLL!

      LUBS, MY FRIEND.

      TOWANDA, BABY!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm not feeling 100% either, and this would be perfect. Wish I could get the husband to make a batch...

      ReplyDelete
    3. It sounds kind of like a beefy minestrone. It sounds good, but I'd pick out the hamburger. I don't like ground meat.

      I think I'll make some soup this week. Maybe a vegetable beef. It's starting to get a little chilly here, and the vegetable beef feels a bit less fattening than the chicken noodle I usually make.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment