Five Recipes I HAVE to Try (how bout you?)

One of the things that I love about being a part of the food blogging world is the endless opportunity for learning and trying new flavours.

As much as I enjoy talking about, writing about, and obsessing about my love of all things edible, I also take great pleasure in reading other people's blogs, salivating over their photos, and soaking up their points of view about food - all the while getting to know people from all over I never would have met before were it not for the internet and butter.

Ah butter...

Discuss amongst yourselves while I have a moment.
















Meanwhile, one of the things that I have always done is keep a working list of recipes that, when I come across them, I know I just HAVE to try.

And it occured to me that, maybe it would be a nice idea to share those recipes with you periodically.

So this time out, I decided to feature five recipes by four different bloggers.

Four because one blogger, Brenda at Brenda's Canadian Kitchen posted two recipes last week that had me on my asthma inhaler so heady was my excitement.

Better still all four bloggers have graciously allowed me to post their original photographs to give you an idea of why my belt size went up two notches last week from the reading alone.

Now, onto the recipes!

The first is from one of my must read bloggers Kevin at Closet Cooking. Closet Cooking because he lives in Toronto and out of his tiny, closet sized kitchen, he creates the most amazing food.

Like this recipe I just HAVE to try for Apple Cheese tart

Reprinted with permission from Closet Cooking






















Peppery arugula with apples and cheese on a puff pastry bed. This is on my planning list for the holidays this year - and may even make it into my once a year Specatcular Spectacular New Year's Eve.

***

The next recipe comes from Bruce and Mark at Real Food Has Curves.

I love everything about this blog - from the wonderfully aromatic feel when you walk in the door, to the love and soul that lives there - you can just feel it when you come in.

When I was a little girl, there was a cooking store at a local mall where I used to go and buy my mom Christmas presents. It had a deep wood interior and a happy spirit. I often get the same good feelings at Real Food as I did there so many years ago.

This week's recipe is for Sali Boti

Reprinted with permission from Real Food Has Curves



















From the blog: "Double spiced curry with dried apricots and almonds, a long braise with bone-in cuts for the winter, warm and comforting. Lots of slurping required at the table."

Need I say more?

***
Next, we have a recipe I was super excited about over at Finding Joy in My Kitchen I am new to this blog and so far love what I see! What had me so excited, though, was a recipe for:

Crock pot breakfast

Reprinted with permission from Finding Joy in My Kitchen















This seemed like the perfect thing for Christmas morning.

So often I want to serve a wonderful, savoury breakfast to see us through until dinner, but don't have a lot of time to mess around in the kitchen.

As such, I can't wait to try it!

Finally, two recipes from Brenda at Brenda's Canadian Kitchen - fast becoming one of my ULTIMATE blog destinations.

Brenda is not only a super friendly fellow Canadian, she is also very humble about her spectacular blog.

And me, well I'm just glad I found her because I am hoping for a long friendship between provinces.

Her recipe for Peanut Butter Cups...

Reprinted with permission by Brenda's Canadian Kitchen


















Is going on my "must bake" list this Christmas.

And her rendition of Double Decker Truffled Grilled Cheese on Homemade Brioche

Reprinted with permission from Brenda's Canadian Kitchen



















I know.

Take a minute to gather yourselves.

***

I hope you enjoyed taking a look at some of my "Must Try" recipes.

If you have a few of your own, please, don't hesitate to add them.

Remember, the secrets to a happy life lie in the sharing...

Sharing food, sharing the success of others, and sharing love.

If you have a minute, I wrote two blogs today - mostly because I messed up on a cake this evening with spectacular results.

Check out my meanderings (and a damn good recipe for) Beat Up Butterscotch Peach Cake.


Boo!



This recipe is linked to: Tasty Tuesdays blog carnival.

***

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. Wow. Thanks so much for posting that Sali Boti. I have to say it was gorgeous--and almost lives up to some of the other dishes in this post. (Grilled cheese on homemade brioche? Are you kidding me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton for the shout-outs Lyndsay! You have a pretty spectacular blog yourself! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everyone :-)Now the REAL fun begins because I get to try all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so delicious! Thanks for including this crockpot breakfast on the list -- I do hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment