Savoury Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches a la Giada

Those of you who read yesterday's blog know I tackled another recipe by Giada De Laurentiis, this time: Beef Roast with Spicy Tomato Parsley Sauce.



















Not only was it lick your plate clean yummy, it inspired a most delicious sandwich.

Which added to an already wonderful day.

Wonderful because I spent most of Sunday in pyjamas reading cookbooks and watching movies.

At about 1:00 pm, though, after having enjoyed an early breakfast of homemade granola and Greek Gods honey flavoured yogurt followed by a brisk hour long walk with the dog (in my pyjamas), my stomach began doing it's thing.

Gurgle gurgle...

Yoo Hoo!!

Hey Lady!

When's lunch?

At about the same time, the man I married began to forage in the fridge.

As an aside, is there something programmed into the male DNA that dictates an inabilty to find anything that isn't at immediate eye level?

***

Cut to the sandwich...

I started by thinly slicing my left over roast beef and placed it in a tin foil pouch with the left over tomato parsely sauce - baking it for 30 minutes at 350.

When that came out of the oven, I turned to the bread.

We are fortunate to live close to one of the best bakeries.














I sliced this beautiful loaf of Italian bread, brushed it on one side with extra virgin olive oil.















And toasted the olive oil side under the broiler until golden, leaving the other side untoasted (the contrast was lovely)

Once toasted, I placed the roast and sauce on one side of the bread...


Added a slice of havarti and put it back under the broiler to melt the cheese.

In the meantime, I slathered a generous dollop of Hellman's Mayonaise onto the other two slices of bread on the toasted sides.

















When the cheese was melted, I covered the tops of the sandwiches with arugula lettuce






















And, oh my Yumm!

Got ready to take a big bite!

















One recipe, two amazing dishes.

It almost seems like magic.

xoxo

And that's the blog!

But first, do you have creative tricks for dealing with leftovers?

If so, my enquiring mind want to know about them!




***

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. Now, that's a delicious sandwich. I need Giada's cookbook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good, please make me one daaaaahling, and I'll make you a desert :D
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment