Cranberry Brie Phyllo Triangles (can be pre-frozen)

I won't lie to you.

These little morsels of sweet and creamy delectability are picky, picky, picky.

But in the spirit of "good things take time," I can honestly tell you, they are sooooo worth it!
















Better still, they can be prepared ahead of time and frozen.

I take an afternoon to make these up over the holidays and keep a batch at the ready to serve as an appetizer before our Christmas turkey.

Trust me when I tell you, there are never any leftovers!

Cranberry Brie Phyllo Triangles
For printable recipe click here

Ingredients
  • 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
  • 1 package (16 ounces, 18-inches x 14-inches sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
  • 1-1/2 cups whole-berry cranberry sauce
  • 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
Directions

Cut phyllo sheets lengthwise into 2-in. strips; cut each strip in half widthwise. Using five strips at a time, brush each strip with butter and stack on top of one another. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out.)



Place 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce and one to two cheese cubes at the end of each stack. Fold into a triangle as you would fold a flag.



















    Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; brush with butter.

    You can freeze these on the tray at this point and then, once frozen, remove to a freezer bag.

    Bake at 400° for 10 minutes if defrosted, or 20 minutes if frozen or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.


      Comments

      1. Wow - lyndsay, my mouth is watering! I can belive it that there won't be leftovers :-)

        ReplyDelete
      2. LYNDS...

        YER AMAZING, GF.

        U MAKE THINGS I DON'T EVEN REALLY LIKE SUCH AS CRANBERRY SAUCE LOOK INCREDIBLY, UTTERLY FANTASTICALLY YUMPY!

        I'VE NEVER HAD BRIE CHEESE, BUT I SHORE DO LOVE ME ALL KINDS OF CHEESE, SO I'D DEFINITELY TRY THESE GOODIES!

        A+ FOR THIS ONE, HUN!

        TOWANDA, BABY!

        ReplyDelete
      3. I had Brie for the first time at Thanksgiving ( I know can you believe it? ) and these will be delicious and fun. Thanks.

        ReplyDelete

      Post a Comment