Peanutbutter Cup Cookies

I have been dreaming about this recipe for a couple of years now.

Ever since I found it on AllRecipes.com and saw that over 1600 people have given it a five star review and 74,000 more have saved the recipe.

As an aside, that's what I love about all recipes and sites like it - the comments from reviewers and ratings are always very helpful.

Anyways, this year while grocery shopping in late November I spotted the miniature peanutbutter cups called for in the recipe and decided that Christmas 2010 would be the one where I would try these cookies for myself.

















In a world where things don't always live up to expectations, these little nuggets of ooey, gooey, choclatey wonder more than deliver.

SO much so that I have to make another two batches before my son comes home from school because these ones are now gone.

I hope you enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

Peanutbutter Cup Cookies
For printable recipe click HERE

















Ingredients

* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Works best if you freeze the peanutbutter cups first. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

Comments

  1. Good to know! My daughter will love these! It looks like you snaped the photo when they were still warm. Mmmmm....sooo gooood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my middle son's favoritest cookies in the whole world. He says there is nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate except in a cookie! Teehee!

    I'm hosting a cookie recipe swap today for Share a Spoon! Be sure to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cookie! I still have leftover halloween candy, specifically, mini peanut butter cups, so this is a perfect, and delicious, use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dreaming of these cookies too Lyndsay! I can't wait to make some. They look so yummy and melty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful. Sinful and decadent, just like a good dessert should be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found the new cookie recipe to add to my family favorites this year! thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MUST make these! Not only are they attractive to look at, but I just KNIOW they will be delicious. I really must get on the cookie baking bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are new to me. Its not something I have seen in the U.K. I am so tempted to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great and the process is easy, I like easy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment