Pecan Tartlettes

It's hard to believe it's already December 21st!

In the spirit of sucking every succulent drop I could from the very marrow of the season, I have cooked, decorated, and listened to Christmas music in a way that takes "Go big or go home" to whole new levels of insanity fabulosity.

The cookies are baked, appetizers and tourtieres (recipe to come tomorrow) prepared, halls decked, presents wrapped, and board games out - adding up to the perfect ingredients for an old fashioned family Christmas.

And yes, there are apparently many similarities between myself and Clark Griswold.

In the spirit of that, I thought I would share this last cookie recipe - another must have in our family's baking repertoire - for pecan tartlettes.

These easy to make, melt in your mouth little bites are favourites because they're not too sweet and go perfectly with my afternoon cup of Lady Grey tea.

















A life affirming indulgence I look forward to when the days grow short and cold.

I hope you enjoy this last cookie of the season and remember to take the time to put your feet up, brew some tea and count your blessings as you sit among the Christmas lights.





















And to all a good night...

Pecan Tartlettes

For printable recipe click HERE





















Ingredients
  • 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1 cup sifted flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • dash salt
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325F.
  2. Combine cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and flour. Mix thoroughly and chill, covered, 1 hour.
  3. Divide into 24 small balls and press into sides and bottom of 2 ungreased minature muffin pans.
  4. Combine egg, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; beat until smooth.
  5. Sprinkle 1/3 cup pecans equally into 24 tart shells. Divide egg mixture equally among 24 tarts, pouring on top of pecans. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup pecans on top of tarts.
  6. Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.


Comments

  1. Just stopping by today to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are so sweet. Thanks for stopping by the blog! Merry, MERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Matt home yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very much enjoying the direction you're going in w. your blogs these days... Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go big or go home! Hehe! Good for you! I love that you are so organized! I just found out that we will be having 10 for Christmas dinner. Yikes! What am I doing on the computer? :D

    These mini pecan tarts remind me of my mom...she loves these and probably still makes them. I'll have to check, she's up north! Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom used to make something like these for us when we were little.. thanks for reminding me of how yummy they are and how I need to make some! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! You did do it up fabulously! Love the cookie recipe. I have no doubt that they are delicious.

    Merry Christmas to you.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are like little pecan hand pies, nice! Love that saying "go big or go home".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment