Breakfast for Dinner - Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Burritos

I am going to "out" myself today regarding two guilty Monday night pleasures:
  1. The Bachelor
  2. Top Chef All Stars
Although every self respecting foodie I know watches Top Chef (making it less a guilty pleasure than The Bachelor) it's still fairly pathetic, the anticipation I feel before each episode.

And on this "my special night," I like to make a dinner that is quick, easy, and can be easily consumed in front of the TV.

Enter the breakfast burrito.

I have long been a fan of these in every possible combination because they're easy to make and freeze beautifully for a breakfast on the go or snack later.

Tonight I threw some together using chorizo sausage, but you could just as easily use ham, bacon, turkey sausage, or even go vegetarian.

Experiment with different herbs and combinations or try this delicious version that perfectly suited Bachelor Brad's adventures in the amazon.

On a side note to those who watch the show, with all that repelling and zip lining, I would so not be the gal for him.

Luckily for me, my husband has always supported my adventurous side in the kitchen ;)

Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Burritos
For printable recipes click HERE

* 4 regular burrito wrappers
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* 4 large eggs
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
* 7 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
* 4 green onions, sliced
* Sour cream
* Salsa verte

Directions

Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté chorizo sausage in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crispy. Add green onions and sauté 2 minutes. Drain excess fat from pan.

Add egg mixture and stir until very softly set, about 1 minute. Remove egg mixture from heat. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.


















Divide egg mixture among tortillas and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro cheese, sour cream, and salsa to taste.

















Fold the way you would a soft taco or burrito and serve nice and warm. I often give mine a zap in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm the insides and make the cheese nice and melty.

Really delicious.






Comments

  1. Goodness - can't say I've ever eaten a breakfast burrito, but after seeing these I sure would like to try one - yum :-)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. LYNDS...

    AS USUAL U BROT YER "A" GAME WITH THIS RECIPLE BOTH IN ITS SIMPLICITY AND DELICIOUSNESS.

    WELL DONE LIL SISTER!

    TOWANDA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for posting a chorizo recipe. We have two packages of this sausage and no idea what to do with it since the potato recipe my husband wanted to make came out...eh. And these FREEZE?! This is just too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment