Easy Weeknight Chicken

I was so tired when I got home from work last night - good tired, the kind of tired where you know you've perhaps helped people look at things from a different angle or perspective - but tired, nonetheless.

You know, I'm such a kook.

No matter how long I do what I do, I always leave at the end of the day thinking everybody must have hated it and hated me and it never fails to shock me when people fill out an evaluation form and say things like "excellent presenter."

So it was with great relief that after a day of "presenting" I could come home, pop an incredibly easy dinner into the oven, and put my feet up.

Even though the dinner I'm about to share isn't elaborate, it's really tasty and filled with all kinds of bright, fresh ingredients.

I hope you enjoy!

Easy Weeknight Chicken Dinner
For printable recipe click HERE
  1. Take 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and season them on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, one whole diced tomato, 1 clove minced garlic, 3-4 leaves chopped fresh basil, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
  3. Spoon the tomato mixture over the chicken breast and place it on a baking sheet with a russet potato that you have microwaved for three minutes.





















Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.






















The basil will get a little crispy and the other flavours just come together. For an extra treat, spoon mushrooms that have been sauteed in a little butter, fresh garlic, and salt and pepper over top.

I served it with arugula salad on the side.






















A super easy weeknight meal for yourself and your family.

I hope you enjoy!

Comments

  1. Putting that new oven to good use! Sounds (and looks) delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that fresh basil is my favorite herb. I LOVE IT! Chicken is perfect platform for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LYNDS,

    ANOTHER GREAT ALTERNATE CHICKEN
    RECIPE VASTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE STEREOTYPICAL STUFF MOST OF US R
    USED 2.

    HOW'D THAT OVEN WORK 4 YAZ?

    I BET IT WAS AWESOME!

    YER DISH LOOKS FABU, AS ALWAYS.

    WTG, CHEF MAVEN!

    TOWANDA, BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to remember this one when I'm wiped out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious, will bookmark, because I will need this recipe! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment