One of Those Days

Ever had one of those mornings where nothing seems to go right?



I know, dumb question, of course you have.

Well I had one today - a double wand morning and it wasn't pretty.

A "wand in the eye morning," as any makeup wearer can attest, is the ultimate harbinger of doom, indicating with amazing accuracy, a bad day ahead.

It occurs when you're rushed, or late with nothing going the way you planned.


You've been running around the house with a gazillion things on your mind and a To Do list a mile long trying to figure out how you're going to get everything done.

While frantically applying a fresh coat of makeup, and usually after admiring what a great job you did on your lids, you jam your mascara wand right into the eye.

Causing it to water, and your makeup to smear.

On really bad days you manage to do both eyes.

Which is what I did this morning.

Right after showering and attempting to wash my hair with conditioner.

Already preoccupied with a deadline to make an early morning meeting, I wet my hair and squeezed a big dollop of what I thought was shampoo into my hand and rubbed it in.

I got no lather.

And the shampoo felt creamy.

But that didn't tip me off.

Instead, I thought the shampoo must be faulty and added another huge dollop.

More of the same.

I won't bore you with the details except to say that it took me three dollops before it registered that I was soaking in Pantene conditioner for coloured hair.

Shortly afterward, I jammed the wand in my eye.

And it all went south from there.

As is always the case, the masacara wand never lies and I had a lousy day.

Right down to five minutes ago when I plopped myself in front of the computer with a bag of my roasted cashews to munch on.

Dammit, it if I couldn't get the twist tie off!!

So I went in MacGyver style, and made a new hole.



I'm sure it's not lost on any of you regulars, the shadow to the left of the bag.

And that's the blog.

I'll be back over the weekend with more foodie related posts.

I've been working this week on a few Recipe to Riches related things and haven't had time for regular cooking.

xoxoxoxo


Comments

  1. lol thanks for the chuckle Lynds~
    FCL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LYNDS,

    GF, I FEEL YER PAIN, BOTH LITERALLY AND FIGURATIVELY.

    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT [NUMEROUS TIMES], BUT SOMEHOW MANAGED 2 SURVIVE DESPITE MY BEST EFFORTS, SUBCONSCIOUS THO THEY WERE] 2 BLIND MYSELF!

    BLESS YER HEART, DARLIN!

    I GUESS THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT NOT EVERY DAY CAN B A TOWANDA DAY.

    CASHEWS R MY FAVE NUTS NEXT 2 MACADAMIA NUTS, AND NO DOUBT YER
    NUTS WENT PERFECTLY WITH THAT, ERM....UMMM...UH, "SHADOW!!"

    HERE'S.......UHH.....MUD IN YER EYE, MY FRIEND!

    CHEERS!

    {{{HUGZ}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes the ol' wand in the eye indicator....I sure hope that glass of vino and the new holed bag o' nuts helpped a little!

    I have some good news...I just passed the ParaPro test that I've been preparing for (mandatory to keep my job) in the school system. Now mayb I can come back to blogging! :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the wand in both eyes type of day too. All. Day. Long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Feeling your pain - that wand in your eye hurts! Hope you're having a better day today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment