The Best Natural Recipe for Younger, Brighter Skin

One of the reasons I called this blog The Kitchen Witch is because I'm interested in incorporating the lore of the Kitchen Witch into everyday practice.

This is all about embracing the natural, herbal, and organic to create flavours and experiences that are magical.

















Whether that be through cooking, decorating, or taking care of self - a life that embraces the simplicity of the good things mother nature has to provide is one that is well lived.

And today I would like to share a natural skin care treatment I guarantee will change your life - especially if you are someone who has been spending big money on exfoliants as part of your skin care regime.

Let me tell you now, those days are over.

Along with adequate rest, water, and healthy foods, moisturizing the skin, protecting it from the sun, and exfoliating are your top three secrets to a youthful complexion.

And an incredible way to exfoliate is contained in the following Kitchen Witch recipe:

Soft Skin Exfoliant
  • 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Mix the two together in a small dish and gently rub over over face and neck in a circular motion. Remove with soft wet facecloth that has been wet with warm water.

Apply moisturizer. Repeat once a week.

For added youthful glow, rub 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil into skin every morning before applying moisturizer.

You will notice a difference to your skin almost immediately.




 Subscribe to me on YouTube

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. I have just been reading Suzanne Somers book on getting organic. I also had just checked out of the library several books with recipes like this that are so simple. Love this! It is time to end expensive chemicals for a skin care routine. Thanks for posting this.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynds.. I am going to try this. I also use a couple of asprins (plain tablets) that you wet for minute with a couple of drops of water. You smush them after they soften. You can mix it with honey or nothing. You put it on like a mask, leave for 10 minutes, then gently rub in small circles for a couple of minutes and then rinse. Something in the asprin is in those expensive products and your skin is so soft after.

    Cin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you two, definitely try this. The way it makes your skin look and feel is amazing.

    Cin, your aspirin remedy is interesting too. I take a baby aspirin a day for heart health so always have some on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love natural recipes like this. I can't wait to get home from work and try this tonight. Thanks Lyndsay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, fess up, do you really do this? I'd think rubbing any sort of foodstuffs on oneself would attract flies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I absolutely do this :-) The difference to my skin is amazing.

    Brenda, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LYNDS.

    I HAVE A CONFESSION 2 MAKE...

    I'M 48 YEARS OLD, I HAVE NO SKIN REGIME OF ANY KIND, I GET TONS OF COMPLIMENTS ON WHAT A GREAT COMPLEX-
    ION I HAVE, AND THE PEACE OF RESIS- TANCE [MY FRENCH IS NONEXISTENT] IS THAT I'M FREQUENTLY ACCUSED OF ONLY BEING IN MY EARLY 2 MID 30'S!

    DO U HATE ME?

    I TELL THEM ALL IT'S ONLY B/C I'M A BIG GURL, BUT THEY INSIST I'M ABUND- ANTLY BLESSED BY THE SKIN GODDESS.

    THOTS, IDEAS, DEATH THREATS?

    DO TELL!

    THERE'S AN INQUIRING MIND UNDER ALL
    OF THIS GREAT SKIN!

    J/K!

    TOWANDA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment