Tortellini Soup

I saw this recipe while browsing through a Weight Watchers magazine last week and it looked so easy and tasty I ended up going back to the pasta section to buy tortellini.

Truth be told, I didn't have super high expectations, but because most of the other WW recipes I've tried over the years have been good, I decided to give it a try last night.

Talk about easy and tasty!

My husband and I both loved this and agree it will now be a part of our repertoire for busy weeknight dinners.

Give it a go as is. It seems simple but it really doesn't need anything else.

And don't skip the cheese - I garnished with fresh grated asiago, but parm would also be great.

I hope you enjoy...

Tortellini en Brodo
For printable recipe click HERE

Ingredients
  • 1 32 oz carton low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
  • 2 (2 1/2 inch strips lemon zest)
  • 1 9 oz package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp grate parmesan or asiago cheese
  • 1 Tbsp minced parsley
Directions
  1. Bring broth and lemon zest to boil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
  2. Stir in tortellini, cover, and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes.
  3. Stir in peas and pepper; simmer uncovered until tortellini is tender and peas are heated through, about 2 minutes.
  4. Discard lemon zest. Serve sprinkled with cheese and parsley.
per serving (about 1 cup): 205 cal, 7 G total fat, points plus value: 5



***

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube



Comments

  1. Lyndsay, don't you just love it when you don't have high expectations for a dish and you end up loving it? Has happened to me many times. I've actually had good luck with WW recipes and this one looks like another winner. You're doing great my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda - I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds great, nice and fresh, and everything is better with some grated asiago or Parmesan on top. What I didn't like about so many WW recipes is that they use fruit or sweeten it some how. Like I said this one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I was really quite surprised by how good this was. What I like about it is it provides a lower fat alternative when I'm really craving pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love soup. This would definitely make my belly warm. I love the addition of the lemon. I bet that does brighten this soup right up! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lemon is just perfect in this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This certainly does look like the perfect dish! That's my kind of WW recipe. You're doing GREAT Lyndsay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lyndsay! I love tortellini in brodo ! I eat them once a week!
    Lovely!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyndsey,
    I was very excited to see you here today. We would just love your Tortellini en Brodo. Simple and Tasty,Healthy what more could you want, it looks delicious. You go girl, you are doing great! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey gals - thanks for the kind words - and it is wonderful to be part of Full Plate Thursday! I hope other readers will go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment