Updated Pork and Maple Beans for the Slow Cooker

All the stress and food contest related angst of the last few days seem to have caught up on me and I am currently fighting the flu.

Thanks to the magic of oil of oregano, though, I am confident I will not succumb. Since I got onto this magical herbal concoction four years ago, I haven't been sick.

However, I will attest to being decidedly under the weather.

Which is why today's blog is going to be short.

But still sweet.

Sweet because I've come up with an easy and tasty meal for the crockpot that I know you're going to love.

A take on old fashioned pork and beans; this slightly spicy, sweet, and savoury pulled pork, maple, and tomato medley was the perfect thing to come home to on a rainy and cold week day night.

Pork and Maple Beans for the Slow Cooker
For printable recipe click here



















Ingredients
  • 2 boneless pork loin chops sliced in small thin pieces
  • 3 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1 small tin low sodium diced tomatoes
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced small
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder or chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 regular tin mixed beans (bean medley)
Directions
  1. Mix everything together in a slow cooker sprayed with PAM. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
  2. Stir together and shred the pork slightly.
  3. Serve over mashed potatoes, polenta, or rice


Comments

  1. Mmmmm...I'll have mine over mashed potatoes please! We used to eat pork and beans a lot when I was growing up. Love 'em! Hope you feel better soon Lyndsay. Get some rest over the weekend if you can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment