Easy Baked Salmon with Apple Sauce

Yesterday afternoon I called The Man I Married and asked him what he wanted to have for dinner - already wagering a bet that he would choose one of two options: chicken or salmon.

Most men love hearty meat and potatoes dinners - but mine could literally exist on seafood.

Making it easier to be the Determined Dieter, for sure, but definitely making it a challenge in the food blogging realm to consistently come up with new recipes.

To top it off, I was exhausted last night and wanted to make something quick!

So I got to thinking, and puzzling, and pondering, and lo and behold, came up with a super easy and really delicious dish!

Who said cooking couldn't be fun?

If you're looking for a quick and healthy way to get more salmon in your diet, this is a good one.

Let me know what you think if you try it!

Easy Baked Salmon with Apple Sauce
For printable recipe click here

















Ingredients

  • Four salmon fillets
  • 1 cup apple sauce
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 1 Tbsp low fat Hellman's mayonaisse
  • Old Bay seasoning or salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Lay the salmon fillets on a large piece of foil on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with about a tsp of old bay seasoning or salt and pepper
  2. Mix apple sauce, curry powder, and mayo in a small bowl and then spread evenly over the salmon.
  3. Fold tinfoil over to make a pouch and bake in a 400 oven for 20 minutes.
  4. Spoon left over sauce in the pouch over salmon to serve



    Comments

    1. OMG, couldn't be any easier! I will definitly try this!!!! I know I will love it! Thanks!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Viola Perfect! I love baked salmon for a quick, easy and tasty meal, now that I have the timing down so it's cooked right. I am always looking for new ways to season it too. I love this combo of flavors, you are so creative.

      If I would call my husband and ask what he wanted for dinner he would say "hmmm let me think about it". I never do hear back from him! :D

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment