The Real Women of Philadelphia - Behind the Scenes of a Would Be Star Part 1

As you all know, I recently threw my hat in the ring to be a part of a new cooking competition - this time featuring the inimitable Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

The premise for The Real Women of Philadelphia is to find Canada's next great cooking star and its not too late to enter!

Through a series of 8 challenges featuring appetizers, sides, main courses, and desserts, Canadian cooks are encouraged to create and present their best dishes featuring Philadelphia Cream Cheese via home video.

Two finalists will be selected each week, for a total of 16 finalists who will go on to compete in a live cook-off event hosted by Anna Olson in Toronto. Out of that, four winners will be selected to host The Real Women of Philadelphia Website by starring in their own cooking videos, participating as a contributing editor within the community, and contributing to an online cookbook, and each will take home $20,000.00!!

Although you don't have to do this, I plan to stretch myself by entering the competition each week with a new video as "The Determined Dieter" - featuring me going from Flabulosity to Fabulosity cooking with Philly Cream Cheese.






















In the meantime, it is fast becoming evident that being a part of a contest such as this is not a solitary affair.

Not only have my entire family (and friends) been subjected to several tastings, the man I married was promoted to "production assistant" over the weekend which involved looking after his pampered star as I pranced around in white spandex and demanded another "take."

Next thing you know I'll be requesting my own green room and Evian water to wash my hair.














Maxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I realize I just dated myself with the Carol Burnett reference.

***
Lets get to the first video!

This week featuring "Philly Nibblers"

Moist little bites of cornbread that have been baked with Philly Light cream cheese instead of butter and filled with a creamy cocktail shrimp and Philly centre.

The recipe can be accessed via my profile on the site.

















And here is the video.

(Please note that I accidentally say the cornbread takes 1 Tbsp of sugar (d'uh!) when the recipe I submitted actually calls for 1/4 cup.)

Live broadcasting people, it's not for the faint of heart!




Stay tuned tomorrow for a new recipe and an AMAZING tip.

Until then, be well everyone and Happy Tuesday!

xoxoxo

Comments

  1. I tried to post on the philly page yesterday and it turned out to be a mega task wouldn't upload pic etc ..
    Any they look YUMMY !! Good Luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a natural! Right up there with Paula Deen! Keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LYNDS,

    I'M TOTALLY STARSTRUCK!

    MY SIS IS MERELY A BREATH AWAY FROM FAME AND FORTUNE!

    I'M SOOO HAPPY 4 U I CAN'T SEE STR8.

    U GO ON AND SHOW THEM HOW THE COW ATE THE CABBAGE AS THEY SAY DOWN HE'YAH IN THE SUTHUN PARTS OF THE GOOD OLD U S OF A!

    TOWANDA, BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the video and the recipe - best of luck to you, Lyndsay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best part is, I'm losing weight like crazy so no matter how you slice it, I'm already a winner.

    Plus, the community of women in the competition is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love you! You are sooooooo funny! Hey maybe with a little luck we will meet someday (hopefully in Toronto). Good luck and we'll see you at realwomanofphiladelphia.

    Your admiring competitor,
    Cathy Bray

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a winner Lyndsay! I missed a lot this past week, and am so excited for you! You are a natural so calm in front of the camera. The best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hardly wait for your next recipe. Between you and Cathy I think I may have to do one of these blog things! You both are inspiring.

    Your other admiring competitor, Heather Porrill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment