Cookbook Review - Master Chef Cookbook

With Season 2 of Gordon Ramsey`s MasterChef set to begin tomorrow evening, I plan to get back to my television roots and write about the good, the bad, and the ugly of fallen souffles, kitchen tensions, and shattered dreams.

To get things started, I thought it would be fun to review the MasterChef cookbook which came out last year shortly after Season 1 ended.

Truth be told, there were several recipes featured during Season One that had me intrigued so that when I saw the silver covered cookbook lining the shelves of the celebrity cooking section at a local bookstore I knew I had to take a look.

On first impression, I don't understand why they chose the book cover they did because I'm normally enticed to pick up a cookbook based on the level of deliciousness displayed on the front and this looked more like a space novel than anything to do with food.

Season One, however, had enough street cred to cause me to crack it open anyway.

And I'm glad I did because I was immediately hooked.

Once opened, the book is filled with beautiful photographs, behind the scenes commentary, great recipes, and best of all - tons of information for the home cook to improve their culinary ability.

There are sections on kitchen utensils, pantry essentials - including fresh herbs, how to choose wine, and mastering the basics like how to chop an onion, how to poach the perfect egg, how to cube a mango or peel a papaya, how to shuck oysters and so much more.

It's one of those cookbooks you can curl up with after a hard day and get lost in the information, recipes, and photographs - inspired to become a master in your own kitchen.

I have also tried several of the recipes including:

Smothered Chicken with Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
















And an adaptation of a Stir Fry recipe I call Asian Pork Stir Fry



















 As an engaging, interesting, and practical cookbook I have to give this one a thumbs up and look forward to writing about Season 2 of MasterChef starting tomorrow and Tuesday on Fox at 8 pm.

Stay tuned later today for a recipe video featuring Mandarin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese and Toasted Almond Frosting.

I know!

YUMMMMMMMM!!!!

Comments

  1. EAGERLY ANTICIPATING YER NEXT POST, MY FRIEND!

    TOWANDA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment