A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - and Creamy Mushroom Fettucini

It's a beautiful spring day and I'm actually starting to believe summer might finally get to us!

This afternoon the Man I Married and I will be planting our garden in preparation for my favourite time of year: summer.

Of the many things I have to be grateful for, having a work schedule that mirrors my school schedule from childhood is pretty wonderful. Come this time of year I am gearing down and getting ready to start my holidays.

And holidays this year have some extra special excitement attached because I will be heading to Toronto in early July to compete in the live cook off for The Real Women of Philadelphia!!

I will supply a link to the live event closer to the day so that anyone can watch.

Talk about a year filled with adventure so far!

From racing across town to get my Recipe to Riches submission baked, to winning a gold ticket, suffering disappointment, dusting myself off and starting all over again, I opened the door to an even greater adventure - the adventure of my My Life!

Running, losing weight, learning new ways to cook, and now, going to Toronto - this time as a healthier, happier version of myself.

People, can I get a Towanda?

As I reflect back on the richness of the last few months I am struck by the endless nature of possibility, not just for me but for each one of us.

Life is ripe with opportunity. We just need to be brave enough to start plucking.

One of my favourite lines in a movie is from Pretty Woman when the street person yells "What's your dream?"

It always resonated with me but I never really got it until now.

What's your dream? And what do you need to do to help the universe catch up to your intention?

Plant your gardens, nurture them, bring your dreams into the sunshine and watch them grow!

And if you get hungry, you have to try my latest Philly recipe! This easy, tasty, comforting, creamy dish will be a sure hit at any table!

Creamy Mushroom Fettucini
For printable recipe click HERE



















Ingredients
  • 15 button mushrooms, cleaned and rough chopped
  • 1 small diced onion
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 cup low sodium beef stock
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 brick Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil and parsley mixed
  • 2 Tbsp real bacon bits for garnish
  • 1/2 package Al Dente brand fettuccini (or homemade, or other very good brand)
Directions
  1. Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and saute the mushrooms and onion over medium high heat app 15 minutes. The mushrooms will lose their water, continue to saute past this until they get brown and the onions begin to caramelize. Add the minced garlic and thyme. Add the beef broth and peas, bring to a boil, and turn down to a low simmer.
  2. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan, and black pepper. Stir well, cover, and turn to low.
  3. Bring a large pot filled to 3/4 to boil. When water is boiling, add 1 tbsp salt and stir to dissolve. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
  4. Drain pasta and add to the mushroom cream sauce. Add the fresh herbs and distribute evenly onto 2 large plates or 4 smaller plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, fresh cracked black pepper, and bacon bits. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

    Comments

    1. LYNDS,

      <3 LOVED <3 THIS RECIPE!

      I WILL EAT ALMOST ANY PASTA DISH, ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS MUSHROOMS IN IT.

      THE PHOTO LITERALLY MADE MY MOUTH START WATERING LIKE NIAGARA FALLS,
      AND MY TUMMY IS GRABBLING [MY OLDEST DAUGHTER USED 2 SAY THIS WHEN SHE WAS A WEE ONE!]LIKE I HAVE NOT EATEN IN A MONTH OF SUNDAYS!

      A HARDY 'TOWANDA' IS NEVER FAR OFF IF I AM AROUND, GF, U KNOW THAT!

      IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS DIVINE, DOLL.

      WISHING I WAS ON THE NEXT PLANE 4 LADYSMITH AND SUPPER!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment