Master Chef and the Mystery of the White Truffle Oil

I was sitting in my living room this afternoon watching (what else) The Food Network when - sweet Julia Child and all the Saints - Bobby Flay started talking about white truffle oil!!

I.

Know.

The same product that was so unabashedly fileted on last night's premiere episode of Master Chef - leaving me, a recent advocate of the product - a little deflated.

If everyone who's anyone in the food world holds such vehement disdain for this earthy golden essence, perhaps I would need to re-think my recent obsession with the stuff.

But then, in true Superhero fashion, our own Iron Chef Bobby Flay has deemed verily that it is good.

*cue thunder clap*

He even has a recipe that I am going to have to try!

Meanwhile, I call a throw down.

A slippery meeting of the chefs.

A white truffle challenge!

Quick, somebody call Alton Brown!

And then stay tuned later for recaps from episode 2.

Same bat time. Same bat channel.

If you missed the first blog, check it out HERE - Gordon Ramsay ate Sushi Off Me

Click the link to read what I had to say about Episode 2

Comments