I Am Proud to be Your Entree Host for The Real Women of Philadelphia Canada

That's right everyone, me and my pork tenderloin won!!!!

(and I still can't believe it!)

I will now be the entree host for the Real Women of Philadelphia Canada site for the next six months and am super excited about all that entails.

In the meantime, I thought I would share a few photos and highlights of the experience with the promise that I will get back to regular scheduled recipes tomorrow!

***

To start things off I want to take a moment to acknowledge all of the wonderful people at Kraft Foods Canada and EQAL who treated us like royalty the entire time the 16 finalists in the Real Women of Philadelphia were in Toronto.

As I mentioned in my previous blog, we had an absolute blast eating in beautiful restaurants, lunching with the incredible Anna Olson...

















And enjoying a circle of foodie friendship and support both in person and online that is beyond explanation.

The following video was played the evening of our announcement dinner and it sums things up much better than I can:



Here is a picture of all sixteen finalists along with Anna Olson and Rosy Edeh from Entertainment Tonight Canada.

















The awards dinner was incredibly exciting because each of the winning dishes was served as the winner was announced.
















Pictured above from left to right: Laurie Pearson, Elise Copps-Smith, Anna Olson, .Angela Amati, and myself

Our appetizers were Angela Amati's Sweet and Savoury Tartlets 

The side dish was Elise Copps-Smith Cauliflower Creme Brulee

The dessert was Laurie Pearon's Deep Fried Cheesecake.

And the entree was my pork tenderloin!!!!!

Here it is served alongside the cauliflower creme brulee

















And here I am with Anna Olson when the announcement was made:

















 ***

The next two days were a whirlwind of excitement filming cooking segments for Kraft Foods Canada and getting a behind the scenes look how much hard work goes into shooting cooking videos.

I won't reveal the dishes I prepared but will definitely keep everyone updated when they're up on the website.

Here I am on set (how exciting is that??) with Eqal's VP of branded content Matt Seigel (who is also one of the nicest people anyone could ever hope to meet)


















I have to tell you honestly (just in case the universe is listening) that talking on camera is something I not only enjoy doing, it is something I hope to be doing much more of in the future.

So set your intentions!

Grab the brass ring of opportunity.

And never give up.

Because you never know what magic lies just around the next corner!

Comments

  1. You are amazing! Congratulations my friend, you deserve it. So very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hints at all?? Can't wait to see them!! Way to go again to you Ms. CeleBRITy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful Wahoo! Congratulations Lyndsay! I have seen all the hard work that you put into it and it sure paid off! You're the best it was well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you girl. So glad you went for it. A big woot woot from B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW,WOW,WOW!!!!!!!!! You WON!!!!!!!!!! I knew you could do it and I ma exstatic for you!!!!! I know this has been a dream for a long time. You are going to go to high places my friend!!!!!! XOXO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for the Gold Baby!

    I am with everyone here and on facebook...

    WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

    ...not to mention excited. I know they will absolutely love you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You did it! Enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your well wishes everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment