Lemon Ginger Rice

I was walking through the grocery store the other day and picked up a package of lemon ginger rice.

I almost put it into my cart until I noticed the price: $4.95 for about a cup and half of rice and who knows how much sodium and other add on ingredients.

It occurred to me I could probably make a vat of rice for the same price and that I was fully capable of coming up with a lemon ginger rice recipe of my own.

So that's what I did.

The result: An easy and flavourful side dish that I will make again and again!

Lemon Ginger Rice
Printable recipe click HERE
Serves: 2 hungry people or 4 lighter eaters/ Prep time: 5 min/ Cook time: 20 min






















Ingredients
  • 1 cup long grain white rice
  • 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • zest from one whole lemon
  • 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
Directions
  1. Bring all ingredients to a boil over high heat. 
  2. Stir, cover, turn to low and simmer 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed and rice is al dente.



***

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube


Comments