When Husband's Cook - Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Loaf

Tonight the my husband said something interesting.

Given that I was working a twelve hour day as opposed to his six, it seemed more than reasonable when he called the office and asked what we were having for dinner, that I empower him to defrost something and stick it in the oven.

He, of course, was perturbed.



Fearful that he'd somehow put a dent in the time space contiuum if required to cook, he offered several alternatives like Two For One Pizza, and All You Can Eat Ribs.

But I was having none of it - I mean, it's not like I was asking him to solve a quadratic equation.

It was dinner for heaven's sake! I would have been fine with Kraft Dinner and a couple of hotdogs.

But as if by some kind of cosmic symbiosis, the Man I Married - also known as The Camera Guy - decided to get creative and put together the most AMAZING recipe EVER!

Seriously.

Creamy, cheesy, ooey, gooey, garlic, and shrimp cheese loaf.

And oh for the celebration!

You'd have thought he'd bought me a diamond ring and installed a hot tub for all the joy and adulation I was heaping on him.

Which is interesting.

Because I don't recall any brass bands after I busted my fabulous behind for two days preparing the Spectacular Spectacular known as Easter right here in my own kitchen.













 Despite my artfully coloured, yet texturally gross unusual devilled eggs, I didn't even warrant a pat on the head.

And yet here I was raving to the guy like he'd just discovered penicillin because one night out of 365 he had cooked something creative.

 Mind you, it was pretty fabulous.




















***
In all seriousness, this is a recipe Vaughan came up with last summer that, every time he makes it just blows me away.

To watch the step by step video for how to put it together, click HERE, or go straight to the printable recipe.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another installment of Cherry Hill!



Bookmark and Share

Comments

  1. That was a lot better than the Kraft dinner and hot dogs! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here munching on popcorn... that looks amazing:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this post was hilarious! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! This is just the sort of meal my husband would love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment