Gordon Ramsay vs Mario Batali ~ Cocktails and Gossip ~

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to another installment of Cocktails and Gossip!

Today I'm going to tell you about another feud in the world of food - this time between Mario Batali and Gordon Ramsay - two super egos who have apparently been at it since 2007 when Batali made public statements that Ramsay's food was dull and outdated. Ramsay responded by creating a nic name for Batali,"Fanta Pants" that he allegedly passed around New York.

As an aside, this feature has certainly been an eye opener, as I wasn't certain there would be sufficient gossip floating around out there (you know, where the truth is) to fill a weekly feature.

How wrong I was!

There is a world of egos, feuding, backbiting, and double dealing occurring in kitchens across North America just waiting for us to discuss!

But Fanta Pants?

Seriously?

From someone as adept as Ramsay at the fine art of the nasty insult, Fanta Pants just seems kind of silly - I mean, I want some meat with my potatoes when it comes to my celebrity feuds!

Batali apparently took it less than kindly, though, and in 2009, banned Gordon Ramsay from all of his restaurants. "Gordon bugs me," he said, "Now he goes about town calling me Fanta Pants."

He went on to say the ban could be lifted, "If Gordon called me himself and said, 'Let's sit down for a drink.' I'm sure it would be fine. We'd be cool. But right now it's not cool."

Mario, Mario, Mario - when will you learn?

If you insult another person's art, which in Gordon Ramsay's case is his food, you have to expect a little retaliation; and in this case, I think Batali got off pretty lightly. I'm sure we can all think of other words that begin with the letter F that would have been far nastier than "Fanta."

But does the feud continue?

I'll let you be the judge.

Gordon Ramsay was a guest on Jimmy Fallon earlier in the month and sprinkled along with potshots about past contestants on Hell's Kitchen he shared that he loves "Top Chef" and "Iron Chef" and would love to go up against Mario Batali. However, Ramsay said that before he would ever go on "Iron Chef," he would have to enter an Iron Man competition because otherwise "I'll be the size of Mario Batali."

Followed by, "It's a joke! God almighty! He's a great guy."

Me thinks, somehow, Batali won't be laughing.

Now let's have a cocktail!

Today it's all about the Strawberry Daquiri. CHEERS!



 Subscribe to me on YouTube

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. Mmm...now we just need it to warm up here a bit to enjoy that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, I love celebrity gossip, Gordon Ramsey is a great chef i'm sure but I don't enjoy watching him, he's so hyper and agitated all the time, he needs to calm down, on the other hand Mario Batalli seems like such a nice guy, I like his personality, he's all business with his cooking but a warm and friendly guy.He makes you want to enjoy your food, he just seems to be all about quality, I like that,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised these two are feuding lol. The only thing missing is Bobby Flay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment