A Great Tip for Making Popcorn!

Last night I was facilitating a workshop for youth and the organizers asked us if we wanted popcorn.

Knowing food is always a plus with young people we said absolutely - expecting them to haul out an air popper or those horrible bags of microwaveable gunk.

But neither happened. Instead, each young person was handed a brown paper sandwich bag and a half cup of organic popcorn. They were instructed to place the corn into the bag and then fold it over several times to make a tight seal. The individual bags then went into the microwave on the "popcorn" setting for a little less than 2 minutes.

The result: perfectly popped, light, fluffy popcorn that could then be seasoned naturally with butter, salts, garlic, or herbs.

To make it even that much better, sprinkle your popcorn with homemade truffle or lemon herb salt!

Carry on...

 Subscribe to me on YouTube

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. I recently saw what is inside those microwave bags, even the "light" ones looked really bad. I vowed never to buy them again. I had forgotten reading about making them in a paper bag, they say the steam is what makes them pop. I must try this next time I make popcorn. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that! But, it's been years since I've done it. Gotta go buy some brown paper bags now, so much better than that microwave popcorn with mystery yellow 'stuff' on it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. now thats the truth, what is that yuk in those bags, we make popcorn in brown paper bags, of course i add butter so there goes the healthy aspect down the drain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to make popcorn and the lemon herb salt sounds great! I just added some citrus salt and cracked pepper to mine over the weekend and enjoyed it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited to try the homemade truffle or lemon herb salt. Popcorn is one of my favorite things! I usually air pop mine, but this sounds interesting!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment