Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Wraps

Now that I'm on holidays, I'm devoting myself to spending the summer enjoying the outdoors, hiking, swimming, reading, relaxing, and eating healthier. And what better way to do that than with my recipe for Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Wraps.

It's a dish reminiscent of my childhood growing up in Winnipeg Manitoba where smoked salmon with cream cheese and hard boiled egg was a favourite combination to serve on chewy bagels. In my version we take deli favourites like dill pickle and cream cheese and combine them with smoked salmon, avocado, and baby spinach to make an unforgettable taste experience!

It's also a great way to ensure we're all getting our weekly requirements for omega 3 fatty acids - especially if we sneak tender smoked salmon into a wrap or sandwich like I have done today.




















Happy Tuesday all - I hope you enjoy!

Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Wraps
For printable recipe click here

















Ingredients
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup finely minced white onion
  • 1/2 cup finely diced celery
  • 1/4 cup diced dill pickle
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup light Chive and Onion cream cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 sift burrito shells
  • 2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 3 oz smoked salmon broken into pieces
Directions
  1. Cook eggs in boiling water for fifteen minutes. Drain and cool under running water. Peel and mash in a large bowl. Add the onions, celery, pickles, mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper.
  2. Spread each tortilla with 1/6 of the egg mixture. Divide the salmon and spinach evenly among each tortilla. Roll, wrap, and enjoy!
Feel free to watch the step by step video here.



Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. That looks and sounds so delicious! The egg salad I posted about today isn't quite as healthy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LYNDS,

    THE IDEA SOUNDS GREAT, BUT I STILL CAN'T GET PAST THE SALMON DUE 2 TEXTURE ISSUES.

    IT LOOKS GORGEOUS THO, AND I'M SURE
    IF I HAD THE PALLET 4 FISH, I'D SIMPLY ADORE IT, THE SAME AS U AND EVERYONE ELSE.

    I FEEL LIKE SUCH A PARTY POOPER!

    COOK ON, COOK ON, COOK ON THRU THE NIGHT AND U'LL NEVER EAT ALONEEEEEE, U'LL "N-E-V-E-R" EAT ALONEEEEEEEEE!!!

    TOWANDA, BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sandwiches really do look and sound delicious (and healthy). I never thought of pairing my egg salad with salmon. Lyndsay, come by my blog, there's a recipe contest by Kraft you might be interested in (and a giveaway).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your comment, I KNEW this was something you would be interested in! In fact, when I first found out about it, I thought of you. Surely you want to be entered into the giveaway though, don't you? It'll be so much easier to cook with Philly if you're wearing a Philly apron. It'll inspire you! :o) Just come back by and tell me your favourite way to use Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda - a gazillion thank yous for letting me know about this contest!! I am SUPER excited and would love a Philly apron as inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment