My Favourite Macaroni Salad Recipe

This is one of those recipes I've kept on an index card over the years and have been meaning to commit to computer! It isn't my recipe, and I'm not sure who the originator is, but it's the best macaroni salad I've ever had and one that people gobble up to the last drop when I bring it to potlucks.

If you don't already have an amazing macaroni salad in your repertoire, definitely, give this one a try.

I made it last night with barbecued smokies. Look how pretty!

Macaroni Salad
Printable Recipe













Ingredients

* 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
* 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
* 3 green onions, chopped
* 3 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
* 1/2 tbsp sweet relish
* 2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
* 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
* 3/4 teaspoon celery salt

Directions

Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, pickles and relish.

In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, and celery salt. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.

Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. The longer you chill this one, the better it gets!

Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. OH, GURL....

    WITH ONLY A FEW MINOR TWEAKS, I WOULD MOST DEF GIVE THIS MAC SALAD A TRY.

    PASTA IS A WEAKNESS OF MINE, WHETHER SAVORY OR SWEET.

    I CAN EAT MAC SALAD UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME!

    I NEED 2 ADD THIS RECIPE 2 YER EUROPEAN POTATO SALAD.

    W/ THE KITCHEN WITCH IN MY BACK POCKET, I CAN'T LOSE!

    KUDOS AND A BIG OLE TOWANDA, BABE!

    ~ERIN~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was away on vacation, so I have some catching up to do. I make a similar macaroni salad but I like to add chopped carrots for some crunch and once in a while I add some small cubed cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment