How a Pork Tenderloin Saved my Life - Part 17: The Finale

If you're just catching up on my story, all of the other installments can be found here: How a Pork Tenderloin Saved My Life. 

***
The morning after the winners were announced we, the four selected hosts, had an early morning call time of 6 am in order to be on set by 7. Once there, we were given instructions about how the next few days would go: We would each be shooting two professional demonstration videos of our own original recipes that were pre-selected by KRAFT. I had sent in five potential candidates about a month earlier, and I was thrilled to see they had selected my Philly Chicks in a Blanket, and my Phyllo Wrapped Salmon Bundles. Both are delicious recipes and I was confident to share them.



















We were also told that we would be shooting an interview video introducing ourselves as hosts to the community, and a group video where we would be introducing the cookbook contest.

The studio and the makeup room became our home for the next two days. We would wait, primp, go to the studio, shoot something, and then wait some more - which, though it doesn't sound like that much fun on paper - I was having the time of my life and loved every second of it.

Though we cooked our dishes on camera, we were also fortunate to have Anna Olson's food stylist, Lisa Rollo working with us and I was like a sponge trying to sop up every bit of information that I could because a new idea for a hobby had begun to formulate in my mind...

In the meantime, the other hosts and I had a lot of opportunity to get to know one another and I grew to appreciate each of these women with whom I was sharing such a profoundly unforgettable experience. In fact, several times I had to pinch myself when the director, Matt Seigel from Eqal said "Action" wondering "Who gets to do this?"

The best hotels, beautiful people everywhere, someone to do my hair and makeup, being on camera, making people laugh, and just having fun - through the Real Women of Philadelphia I got to live a dream.

That evening, I packed, and headed for the airport in the hotel limo, realizing that what I got was merely a glimpse into the good life, and, as much as I loved it, it was all coming to an end.

For the rest of my life, I will never forget that limo ride. Watching as the buildings of Toronto sped by and thinking "This can't be it."

They say most things end as they begin and that life is a series of circles - which, in my case, has proven true.

My story began with me sitting on the couch one fateful Saturday evening wishing for more excitement in my life when an advertisement for a new reality TV show came on the screen for Recipe to Riches. Although I didn't quite make it to the show that first year, it was Recipe to Riches that began my quest.

And it's on season two that I will continue because me and my recipe for Asian Snack Wraps would be traveling to Toronto again for another cook off and a whole new adventure...

Thanks for reading along everyone - here's to more adventures ahead for us all!

Towanda.

***

Please enjoy my easy How To video for Salmon Bundles!


Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments