Easy Cornbread

With the holidays just around the corner I thought it would be a good idea to have an easy cornbread recipe on file to use for cornbread stuffing!

This one takes five minutes to throw together and can be easily made with ingredients most of us will have readily available.

Happy baking everyone!

Easy Cornbread
Printable Recipe HERE

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour 
  • 3/4 c. cornmeal 
  • 1/4 c. sugar 
  • 2 tsp. baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt 
  • 1 c. 1 % milk 
  • 1/4 c. vegetable oil 
  • 1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 8 or 9 inch square pan. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil and egg until moistened. Pour into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Comments

  1. I have always wanted to try cornbread stuffing. I always host Thanksgiving dinner and I incorporate my husbands side of the family's favorites and the recipes I grew up with and have been afraid to test this out then. Silly me, I have a chicken in the freezer, I think I will try this out when I make that. Thanks for sparking my interest in this at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment