Five Awesome Recipe Finds for Holiday Entertaining

It's that time of year again when I begin to think about holiday entertaining. As such, I'm always looking  for show stopping recipes to prepare as the days grow shorter and the nights grow colder.

Cheese platters and fine wines, rich dark chocolate, dips and nuts and cookies shaped like the stars... and the moon... and Autumn leaves...



































 In no particular order, here are five recent favourites that I just had to share - starting with this recipe by Lucy Waverman for savoury little cheddar cookies on the LCBO website.
















I served these as an appetizer prior to Thanksgiving dinner and not only were they gobbled right up, they were just beautiful with wine and looked super elegant by candlelight.

The next recipe is one I got from my friend  Jackie Leung, proprietor of the beautiful Ontario bed and breakfast Fern Glen Inn. 

I have made my share of warm brie appetizers, but the combination of curry and chutney in this super easy to prepare, impressively sophisticated dish takes it right to the top of my list!
















Cut the rind off the top of a wheel of brie. Rub in about a half tsp of curry powder. Cover with mango chutney and chopped pistachios or roasted cashews. Heat in the microwave about 45 seconds until warm and gooey and serve surrounded by Carrs water crackers.

The next recipe I just had to share is simply outstanding!
















Crispy little panko crusted crab cakes topped with roasted red pepper and chive aioli. I found this recipe at Myrecipes.com and knew I had to try it - and oh my! Am I ever glad I did!!

The aioli goes perfectly with these crunchy little gifts from the sea and once again, had my guests raving!

As did this surprisingly tasty recipe, also from Myrecipes.com, for Sweet Potato Squares with Lemon Garlic Mayonnaise.
















I can't totally explain why, but this recipe just works. Smokey bites of crispy sausage and salty roasted sweet potatoes are blanketed in a zesty dip. Served hot or at room temperature, these little morsels are addictive and won't last long on your holiday table!

Finally, what would a Top Five list be without something amazing for dessert? And I've got the perfect little bite to share to sweeten up the end of the evening. Better still, these easy and elegant little Ganache Topped Brownie Bites from Hun What's for Dinner pair wonderfully with red wine.
















I hope you enjoyed these five recipes and will consider trying them for yourself this holiday season.

As I continue to find these kinds of gems, I will share them with you - my beautiful and always appreciated readers!

Until next time, here's wishing you all a wonderful week!

Comments

  1. Some really great ideas here. We love brie, well really all of these things look great. I would love to come to one of your parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would always be welcome to join us Patti!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I just found your blog and I am loving your recipes. Parties are so much fun. I am giving one Friday night.
    Getting ready to add a Witch's dinner party post tonight.
    I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment