Peanutbutter Chocolate Kit Kat Bars - Weekday Wednesday!

It's Weekday Wednesday once again, and I have to tell you, I've been stressed. Thankfully, I have only three days to go until I begin a one week vacation, but the three days are jam packed!

And it never fails, when life gets hectic like this, I start to crave something sweet. So I went into my recipe files last night to see what was what.

I keep lists of things I want to try and I've had this one kicking around for awhile for Peanut butter Chocolate Kit Kat Bars and am I ever glad I tried it. Talk about a delicious quick and easy recipe. Not only do mu husband and I love this one. It got a big thumbs up from a group of high school students I taste tested it on yesterday.


















Visit the printable recipe here: Peanut Butter Chocolate Kit Kat Bars

Please enjoy my easy to follow how to video.




Ingredients
  • 72 Ritz Crackers
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
Directions
  1. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper. Put a layer for Ritz crackers across the bottom.
  2. In a saucepan, stir together graham crumbs, sugar, butter and milk. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. When mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
  3. Pour half of this mixture over the Ritz crackers and smooth it out evenly, then lay another blanket of Ritz over the caramel mixture. 
  4. Pour the remaining caramel over second layer of Ritz, then top with one last layer of crackers.
  5. In a saucepan, combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Melt, over low heat. Spread melted mixture over top.
  6. Cool to room temperature and transfer to the refrigerator for about a half hour until the chocolate mixture is set. When set, remove from refrigerator by lifting using the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars. 


Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader





Comments

Post a Comment