Bloody Mary with Homemade Jalapeno Vodka and a Little Food Network Gossip!

It's cocktail Saturday everyone! And though I don't have a lot of gossip to share this week, I do have a fabulous cocktail!

Jalapeno infused vodka is mixed into a classic Bloody Mary and garnished with cocktail sized taco meatballs, pickled jalapeno pepper, and avocado to make an all in one cocktail and appetizer!

As for gossip... I have a few tidbits...

It's happy news this week for CHOPPED host Ted Allen who announced his engagement on Twitter to long time partner Barry Rice after learning of the Supreme Court's ruling in support of same sex marriage.

He tweeted: "Proud to announce on this historic day that my partner of 20 years, Barry Rice, and I are engaged to be married," and after all of the hullabaloo surrounding Paula Dean this week, it was nice to hear some good news.

Canada also had news of its own when it was announced MasterChef will be coming to CTV and they are currently accepting applications for season 1. In keeping with my promise to retain my sanity, I will not be throwing my hat into this particular ring. People, I was ready for the psych ward after three days on a reality show. I cannot imagine doing it for a prolonged period of time under that kind of pressure! I will, however, be blogging about it and will continue doing my happy little thing here and on Youtube.

Finally, I read a cool, and timely, little bit about Nikki Dinky from Next Food Network Star. Did you know she was in a couple episodes of The Sopranos? Neither did I, but with the tragic passing of James Gandolfini, it seemed fitting to share that today.

Rest in peace James. You were amazing.

On that note, let's take a moment to toast a true original with an original cocktail idea featuring homemade jalapeno infused vodka.



Learn how to make it with my easy to follow step by step video or visit the printable recipe here:

Bloody Mary with Homemade Jalapeno Vodka and Taco Meatballs




 To Make the Vodka

Split a large jalapeno pepper in half and remove the seeds. Place into a 26 ounce jar with a tight fitting lid. Pour 26 ounces of vodka over all. Cover and leave for one week before using.

To make the Bloody Mary

 Ingredients
  • a little sea salt and creole seasoning to rim the glass (optional)
  • 1 and a 1/2 ounces of jalapeno vodka
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • a few shakes hot sauce
  • the juice of half a lime
  • 1/2 tsp horseradish
  • 1/4 tsp creole seasoning
  • 1 cup tomato juice
Directions
  1.  Put all of the ingredients into a shaker. Shake well and pour over ice.
  2. Garnish with cocktail meatballs and avocado on skewers,
Cocktail Taco Meatballs

Ingredients
  • 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
  • 1/4 cup crushed taco flavoured tortilla chips
  • 1 tbsp salsa
Directions
  1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. 
  2. Roll into small cocktail sized meatballs (1/2 inch in diameter)
  3. Place onto a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.


Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader




Comments

  1. I haven't had a bloody mary in a long time, reading this brought back memories of being at the beach with our best friends. Your version sounds very tasty and I am sure my hubby would love that it involves meat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment