How to Make Balsamic Strawberry Compote

 I saw this recipe for strawberry compote on the Epicurious website a few years ago and have been making it ever since.


 This incredibly easy to make strawberry jam is wonderful to give as a hostess gift or to have on hand during the summer months when strawberries are in season. And don't let the ingredients scare you. The flavours of balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and strawberries go perfectly together making this strawberry masterpiece incredible for both sweet...



 Or savoury dishes.

Homemade Crostini with Chevre and Strawberry Compote

 Whether you use this as a marinade for chicken, the base for a vinaigrette, or in a multitude of beautiful desserts, today's recipe is a good one to have in your back pocket and I hope you enjoy.


 Visit the printable recipe here: Balsamic Strawberry Compote

Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video.





Original recipe from Epicurious


Ingredients
  • 2 cups strawberries, trimmed and quartered
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions
  1. In a small heavy saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil, stirring, and skim surface. 
  2. Simmer mixture, stirring and skimming foam occasionally, 15 minutes, or until thickened and translucent. 
  3. Remove pan from heat and cool preserves completely. Preserves keep, covered and chilled, 1 month.


Subscribe to me on YouTube


Follow Me on Pinterest
 

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. Oh my, my... That crostini with the chevre and strawberry compote has my mouth watering! Heavenly! I have almost all of the ingredients on hand. All I need are some fresh strawberries and I'm on my way. Thank you, m'lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you will love this! It also makes a gorgeous crostada :-) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Our strawberries are really late - am picking second week in July - that is how late... cannot wait. This recipe is ON THE LIST. YUMMERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it Valerie :-) Everything seems to be late, lately ;) I am beginning to get concerned about my tomatoes and I thought this year was going to be banner. We'll see...

      Delete

Post a Comment