Herb and Garlic Boursin Cheese Biscuits

My grandmother, Helen Moody, loved baking soda biscuits and throughout her entire life she kept batches of them baked and stored in the freezer to pull out with tea. Warmed with a little butter and jam and you would think you'd died and gone to heaven they were so good.

It is a practice that I similarly adopted and in the early days of our marriage when money was tight, soda biscuits with jam and butter were an inexpensive treat to have on hand.

 But biscuits are wonderful savoury indulgences as well and today's Foodie Friday recipe is one I guarantee you are going love having on hand for entertaining (or serving with soups, stews, chili's - whatever).




















Tender, golden, crisp on the outside biscuits are infused with Herb and Garlic Boursin Cheese giving the interior crumb the most incredibly light, fluffy, and flavourful texture.

 These easy to make biscuits are best served hot from the oven but also hold up well to serve next day and are very suitable for freezing.

They are one of my standard go to's to serve as my bread course when entertaining and I'm super excited to share the recipe with you today.

Herb and Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Adapted from a recipe by "Glenys" on the Fine Cooking discussion boards
Visit the printable recipe here: Herb and Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video




Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup cold salted butter
  • 1- 150 gr package of herb and garlic Boursin cheese 
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
Directions
  1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Cut the butter in using a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Cut in large chunks of the Boursin.
  2. Whisk the sour cream and milk together until well incorporated. Whisk in the baking soda, and whisk in the egg.  
  3. Add to the flour mixture stir into the dry ingredients a little at a time. Stir just until it is all incorporated.  
  4. Turn onto a floured board and shape into a rough rectangle (as per the video). Using a pastry cutter, cut into 8 equal pieces. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until golden.


***

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube






Comments

  1. Those look rich and delicious. I have such a love jones for Boursin Cheese, I am always looking for new ways to use it. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't say enough about how well these turned out. You have to try them - you will never go back :-)

      Delete
  2. These look delicious and I want to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and brilliant. I made my own Boursin - have we talked about this? The photo on my site is much greener than the recipe usually is... it is delicious - and these biscuits would be so lovely. I share your enthusiasm for this simple little pleasure. Wish my husband liked them.
    :)
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did talk about the boursin - it is on my list of things to try making :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you Lyndsay, you have inspired me to give it a try. I love biscuits, but never make them -- I will now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I really do!! Like all your recipes, these biscuits are so delicious. Great recipe, Lyndsay! I make these biscuits often.

      Delete
  5. I used to hate biscuits, but have realized I hate bad biscuits. These look excellent and I will have to give them a try. Cheese and herbs are two things I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I would love to know what you think of these. I was so impressed by how well they turned out!

      Delete

Post a Comment