Weekly Meal Planner ~The Kitchen Witch~ Comfort Classics and Easy Dishes

In an effort to save money and get myself organized, I decided to start a new feature on The Kitchen Witch: A Weekly Meal Planner! It will be published Sundays and will have links to seven tried and true Kitchen Witch favourite recipes - one for each day of the week. Each of the recipes will serve between 4-6 people, making the planner perfect for busy families on the go.

Lemon Walnut Spaghetti, Mandarin Brats, Chicken and Chorizo Ragu, Easy Salmon Quiche
 I've tailored the weeks so that quick and easy recipes are featured during busy weekdays - and left a more time intensive "showstopper" recipe for Sunday dinner. I've also balanced out each week with at least one vegetarian dish, and a fish dish.

Each meal planner comes with a printable, itemized grocery list.

Visit the Grocery List Here: November 3-9 Grocery List

So let's get started with Monday's delectable meal (and one of my all time weeknight favourites!)

Monday - Cheesy Chillighetti


















Ground beef, chili beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning are mixed with macaroni and baked with cheese to make a comforting, cold weather dish sure to become a family favourite!

Tuesday - Easy Salmon and Spinach Quiche (as pictured)

This dish is packed with flavour but takes little time to put together. It's also a great way to get your family eating healthy items like salmon and spinach. Serve with a tossed salad and unwind with a little white wine and you've got a great reason to celebrate!

Wednesday - Mandarin Brats (as pictured)

This sweet and savoury dish has the slightest hint of curry and is reminiscent of the sweet and sour spareribs my mom made when I was growing up. With a prep time of only 5 minutes - yes, you read that right, this incredible dish packs a scrumptious punch without taking up any of your valuable #HumpDay time!

Thursday - Spaghetti with Lemon and Walnuts (as pictured)

People, if this dish were a person, I would marry it. Seriously. It's clean mostly vegan flavours are completely uncomplicated. Brightened by the VAVOOM of fresh lemons and then balanced out by the earthy stability of roasted walnuts, this is another Kitchen Witch classic I know you'll come back to again and again!

Friday- Lo Mein Style Chinese Omelet with Ramen

This is another ridiculously easy Kitchen Witch classic that you have to taste to believe! I used the same flavour profiles in this showstopper Foodie Friday dish that I used on the Food Network show Recipe to Riches. To make this you might have to get a few items for your Asian pantry from the grocery list - but do so! We're going to be cooking all kinds of amazing Asian inspired dishes in the weeks and months to come!

Saturday - Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons



















All I can say about this one is OMFG - sorry for swearing but, seriously, this one if Just. That. Fabulous. Pop in a movie, light the fire, maybe a candle or two, and hunker down with your family to enjoy this incredibly bright and fresh tasting soup with crunchy grilled cheese croutons! You can thank me later ;-)

Sunday - Chicken and Chorizo Ragu over Mozzarella Mashed Potatoes.



















This one makes me all verklempt.

Talk amongst yourselves while I get myself together...




















If I were to pick Top 10 Kitchen Witch dinners of all time for fall and winter, this one would be right up there with the best of them! In fact, I'd even consider having an affair with its sweet, spicy, Spanish glory!(Don't tell the spaghetti)

So happy eating and meal planning. Let me know if you try any or all of these recipes. I have all the ingredients and will be enjoying each magical dish as the week unfolds!

xo

Your favourite Kitchen Witch

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

 


Comments

  1. LOL I was thinking grilled cheese and tomato soup on Wednesday...
    I like your idea better!
    I will be trying at least 3 of these this week. Will let you know how it goes.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. these all look great! thank you for all the effort you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome DJ :-) Thanks so much for commenting and let me know if you try the recipes!

      Delete

Post a Comment