But what if I got a little jiggy with it and spiced things up with chorizo sausage, and chipotle? People, WHAT IF??
I'll tell you what if... MASSIVE DELICIOUSNESS!!
So join me this week in the Casa de Kitchen Witch and I'll show you just how easy these are to make!
Visit the printable recipe here: Chipotle Chorizo Eggs Benny
Chipotle Chorizo Eggs Benny
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed/chopped chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Adobo sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 3 extra crispy English muffins
- 6 large eggs
- fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Gently heat the sour cream and mayo, and then whisk in 1 tbsp of crushed chipotle peppers, along with enough adobo sauce to suit your taste and the fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Remove the sausage meat from their casings. Divide into six equal portions and form into 6 patties
- Fry the chorizo patties in a non stick pan until cooked through and crispy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Split three English muffins and then lightly butter each half. Place the english muffins onto a non-stick baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted.Turn the oven off and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Poach 6 eggs for three minutes.
- Place a sausage patty onto each toasted English muffin half followed by a perfectly poached egg, a generous dollop of the chipotle sauce, and finish with fresh cilantro.