Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

In the spirit of this week's freezer cooking theme, last Sunday I had the presence of mind to do a little advance cooking and it was well worth the effort.



I've already posted my recipe for crockpot beef stroganoff - but what I didn't tell you is that I used a trick from a dear friend - Ruby Slippers, and prepared the whole thing in the crockpot Sunday night so that Monday morning all I had to do was plug it in and leave for work.

Oh for the heaven of coming home after a hard day to the smells of stroganoff.

I cooked some peas and carrots to go with and enjoyed a stress free family dinner with minimal clean up.

And then it was Tuesday.

Imagine how good it felt to arrive home Tuesday evening with nothing to do but preheat the oven and pop in the Chicken Spaghetti Casserole I made Sunday.

If you like to cook, you're going to want to bookmark this one.

I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman and loved it!

PW recipe HERE

Here's how our dinner turned out:



There's something incredibly comforting about a casserole - somewhat like the friend who can always be relied upon - slow, steady and sure. Not necessarly the leader of the pack, but always there, dependable, and true.

In this fast paced, eclectically cuisined world, we lose sight of the casseroles sometimes, forgetting the depth of flavour and soul satisfying comfort they have to offer.



***

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments