Sesame Ramen Salad

I've been eating a mostly plant based diet for over a month and I have to say I've never felt better. I'm not sure if that's because I'm not eating meat, or more likely, because I'm eating from a much wider variety of fruits and vegetables - either way I'm having a lot of fun doing it!

This summer I'm going to be all about trying fruits and vegetables in new ways and I'm looking forward to grilling radishes, making all kinds of different pestos, and generally stepping up my veggie game.

In the spirit of that, I've also been experimenting with new ways to make old favourites - like Ramen - and trying some of the amazing products available like Mandarin Crispy Chick'n.


My friend told me about this gmo free, organic product and from the first bite of these delicious nuggets I was hooked! Better still, they go perfectly with today's recipe for Sesame Ramen Salad.


 Easy and oh so tasty! Please enjoy the recipe...

Sesame Ramen Salad
Visit printable recipe here: Sesame Ramen Salad

Ingredients Maple Sesame Dressing
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar  
  • 2 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
  • pinch chili pepper flakes
Place all ingredients in a jar, shake well, refrigerate until ready to use.

Ingredients Salad 
  • 3 packages Ichiban Ramen, flavour packets removed (I buy the miso flavour and then use the seasoning packet for other dishes)
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 stalk diced celery
  • 2 thinly sliced green onions
  • 1 medium carrot, peeled into ribbons using carrot peeler
  • 1/2 cup diced red pepper
  • 1/2 cup diced, peeled cucumber
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 1/3 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Directions
  1. Set a large pot of water to boil
  2. Chop and dice the vegetables and peanuts
  3. Immerse the Ramen in the boiling water and using forks turn them over, move them around, and cook just until they begin to come apart - no more than a minute. They should still be slightly under-cooked when you drain them. 
  4. Drain and then immerse in cold water. Drain again and give them a second cold water bath. 
  5. Drain and place in a large salad bowl. 
  6. Add the cilantro and all of the vegetables and toss with the dressing. 
  7. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and chopped nuts and toss again. 
  8. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.

Comments