Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri

I am becoming spoiled by the Food Network because it's getting to the point where, unless a recipe comes from one of my favourite chefs, it just doesn't cut it for me.

Mind you, I'm going to post my original recipe for turkey burgers later in the week because both the Man I Married claims they were amazing, so go figure.

In the meantime, though, I made a Tyler Florence recipe for Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri last night and it was absolutely to die for!



Check out my funky 70's plates!

Some people do extreme sports, I like to have fun with dishware.

Anyways, I followed the recipe exactly, no changes, and it was so good I'll probably serve it at my next book club dinner (if I don't serve one of Anna Olson's recipes first!)

Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri
For printable recipe click HERE

Ingredients
    6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
    2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    About 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    About 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
    3 limes, juiced
    1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
    2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each), trimmed of excess fat, patted dry
    Kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Extra-virgin olive oil
    Lime juice, for drizzling
    Parsley sprigs, for garnish

Directions
Combine the garlic, jalapeno and vinegar in a bowl. Stir in the parsley, oregano, and lime juice. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside at room temperature to allow the flavors to marry.

Reserve 1/2 cup of the chimichurri to serve and marinate the pork in the rest. Put the pork and marinade in a sealable plastic bag and set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Preheat an outdoor charcoal grill or oven broiler to high.

Remove the pork from the marinade, wiping off any excess. Season both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and place on the grill. Grill the pork on the hottest part of the barbecue for 4 minutes per side, until well charred. Allow the tenderloin to rest for about 5 minutes prior to slicing. Spoon some chimichurri over the meat, drizzle with lime juice, garnish with parsley, and serve with the remaining sauce at the table.
***

So much good food, so little time...

I'm off for a run now and have officially achieved my original goal of being able to run the 7.5 k Westwood Trail before the end of summer and now have a new goal - to run a half marathon in October!

That's the beauty of life, there's always room for new adventures and challenges.
Tomorrow I'll share a recipe for a fabulous and easy appetizer that's great for potlucks, barbecues, and other summertime entertaining.

Until then, have a magical day everyone.

***

Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. I do dig your funky 70's plates, love them, in fact! And I adore chimichurri ... so good with everything and especially the pork. It looks marvelous, Maven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of chicmichurri sauce--especially when it doesn't call for cilantro (I have an aversion to it). I'm also a Tyler Florence fan--he has some great recipes, and this looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I have to agree with you that much of my cooking inspiration comes from Food Network. You've visited my blog, so you know I'm an Ina Garten fan...though I like many of the other chefs.
    As for this recipe, it's on my MUST TRY list. I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer and I'm a big fan of chimichurri. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this pork dish looks gorgeous Maven, thank you for reminding me of Mexican inspired dishes, one tends to forget it on this side of the wrold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy!I'm gonna have to give it a try. Also, conratulations on your much deserved win! I work with your nephew and he came into work ecstatic about your win!We told him that he has to make your winning dish for us to sample.
    I love reading your blog...keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good, and you gotta love Tyler Florence recipes! Now this funky 70s plate are ones I don't have, not like some other's we have alike :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment