Fruit and Kale Breakfast Smoothie

For those of you on the go like I am most mornings, there's nothing quite like a smoothie to get things started - especially when it's packed full of great ingredients and tastes as wonderful as this one does!

Fresh fruit, your choice of milk, nutrient rich kale, yogurt, and flax seed are blended together to make this a breakfast for champions!

Here's the recipe... I hope you'll try it and enjoy!

Visit the printable recipe here: Fruit and Kale Breakfast Smoothie
Serves: 1
Prep Time: 2 minutes




  • One cup soy, almond, rice, or regular milk (I like almond milk in my smoothies)
  • One banana
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
  • One handful fresh kale
  • One small container or 3/4 vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp honey
  • One tbsp wheat germ
  • 2-3 ice cubes
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.



***

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube
 


Comments

  1. I am on the health bandwagon as well...I am working towards eating better, with using brown rice, whole grains, fruit and veggies and proper portion sizes when it comes to meat. I actually had 2 poached eggs with 3 slices of turkey bacon and 2 slices ww toast for dinner last night! Then I proceeded to eat a small bowl of ice cream...baby steps...lol...I have a goal of going to the gym 3 times a week right now and try to do some kind of exercise on the weekend which is way more than I was doing before which was nothing! I have to fit nicely into my bathing suit by the end of January as we are going to Cuba or Cancun havent decided which, but all I know is that I have to look better than I do if I expect to get on that beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! We can be on our health kicks together - that way when we do finally meet we'll be both looking even more fabulous than we do already!!!

    Night time after dinner is the toughest. I've been using a trick I learned watching intervention to combat false hunger. I figure if it can work for a heroin addict it can work for me... I tell myself, "That's just the addiction talking, it wants to be fed. If you don't feed it you will kill it so it's fighting back right now." Psychologically that little technique works well for me. Maybe I'll blog about it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment