Panko Crusted Sole

It's a Monday and I shouldn't be this tired so early in the week. But with cold and flu season upon us, I feel like I might be fighting something off. That being said, when I arrived home from work I was absolutely exhausted but hungry for some kind of comfort food.

So I went to the freezer to see what was what and remembered I had purchased a tray of beautiful fresh sole at the fish market over the weekend.

Perfect!

But how to prepare it?

Did I want it stuffed with shrimp and covered in a luscious cream sauce?

Mmmm... sounded good - but I didn't have the right ingredients on hand to pull it off.

So what did I have?

After a nice forage into my pantry I came away victorious with a box of panko breadcrumbs and a container of Emeril's Creole Seasoning I'd mixed together over the weekend. (truly a kitchen staple - his spice blend is good on just about everything)



The perfect combination for a crunchy and comforting fish bake!




































Please enjoy my how to video to create this dish with oven baked chips:




Panko Crusted Sole
For printable recipe click here


















  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Kikomen makes them now. They can be found at just about any grocery store)
  • 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
  •  2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 pounds sole fillets
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
  • 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 475. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with PAM; set aside.
2. Place egg in a wide shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine panko, creole seasoning, and oil. Dip sole into egg, then into panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake until lightly browned for app. 8-12 minutes (do not overcook). Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges on the side.


Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube

Comments