My family's TOP SECRET Recipe for Thanksgiving Stuffing!!

On this, the eve of Canadian Thanksgiving, I have decided to reveal a family secret so sacred that my grandmother is probably turning in her grave as I type.

Begging me not to reveal one of the most closely guarded family secrets of Canadian Thanksgiving.












But reveal it I shall because a Secret this fabulous must always be shared.

***

The first thing I always prepare for Thanksgiving dinner is my stuffing - which, I have to tell you, is incredibly good.

Not that I like to brag ;)

Several independent non-family tasters have verified this to be true.

But here's the thing - after putting my heart and soul into creating the most delicious stuffing possible, which culminated in years of note taking, tasting, and experimenting - I could never quite duplicate the flavour of my grandmother's famous stuffing.

That is, until I learned The Secret.

And now, I am about to share it with you.

Start by sauteeing one diced onion, 3 stalks of celery, and five sliced button mushrooms in olive oil.

















Sautee until the onion grows translucent and the mushrooms begin release their water.

To that add a handful of dried cranberries.

















And transfer to a large mixing bowl.

















Now it's time for the secret.

A Secret that has been so closely and carefully guarded I hesistate to share it - especially since, on more than one occasion, I have boasted an affinity for fresh ingredients.

*May God forgive me my trangressions*

To your bowl add:



















Four boxes of Stove Top Stuffing.

Six for a bigger bird.

People, do not judge.

You know it's good.

(as an aside, I spied several shoppers at the grocery store Friday with the pre-requisite four boxes tucked neatly into their carts)

Add three cups of boiling water and about 1/4 cup of butter.

















Stir, stir, stir. Taste for flavour and add additional garlic powder, pepper, and sage to taste. Cover and refrigerate.

Tomorrow you will be stuffing the above deliciousness into your turkey.

And verily I tell you, it will be good.

So good, in fact, that if you happen to be fortunate enough to have an Aurora in your life, she will tell you it is "EPICUREAN!" and "The best stuffing she's ever had!"


















And that's the blog.

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."
Denis Waitley


Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comments

  1. I just bought my loaves of fresh bread for my stuffing...I personally cant bring myself to use Stove Top due to the saltiness of it...but I wont judge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Dr. Oz would arrest me for butter and sodium overload :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."
    Denis Waitley
    Oh honey, that is so true. Now about the Stove Top.....OMG! Who knew???? I have been slaving over my stove for all 43 years of wedded bliss (and make a FABULOUS stuffing I might add) but I could ahve used THIS!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? You are a savior and I worship at your feet:):):) Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

    Pinky, I am certain my Stove Top could never hold a candle to your stuffing.

    Love you BIG!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stove top - but I love my Mom's the best. (I think we all do!)
    cin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment