Creamy Pistachio and Mango Chutney Pork Tenderloin

The first round of finalists have been chosen in the Real Women of Philadelphia contest and, I have to say, I was impressed.

The two recipes chosen in the appetizer round gave me an indication of how steep a challenge this is going to be - causing me to re-think my "Go Big or Go Home" attitude and just have fun with no expectations.

This is a current life lesson.

I am learning how to let an experience provide my reward without attaching it's validity to outcome.

This isn't to say I'm not going to try my best - if anything, I'm going to treat this as an opportunity to learn more about food, cooking, and the development of recipes so that in the end, no matter what happens, I will come away with more than I started with (and less weight).

I'm still on my quest for better health but this week has been a bit of a bust because I'm away at a conference and felt the need to indulge in a gigantor New York strip last night from a favourite steak house. I also have breakfast coming to my room but was much more sensible about my order: an omelet with smoked salmon, capers, tomato, and green onion (no cheese) and multigrain toast.

I wish I had a camera because it looks so good.

Hotels should take note: This is the reason I come back again and again and always pay that little extra for room service in the morning - the food is extraordinary.

After I finish, it's shower, back to the conference, and then on the road by noon.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be home by 2:00 pm with time to go for a nice long run with the dog.

Which means I have reached another milestone on my weight loss journey because I can say once again say, "I am a runner."

Contest or not, I've got to go with Charlie Sheen because, that, my friends, is WINNING!

Here is the first of the recipes and videos I am submitting in this week's entree round.

*Update* This turned out to be the winning $20,000.00 recipe in The Real Women of Philadelphia!

Creamy Pistachio and Mango Chutney Pork Tenderloin
For printable recipe, click HERE 

Ingredients
  •  1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil  
  • 1/2 cup(s) of diced onion
  • 3/4 cup(s) of cooked couscous
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 cup(s) of chopped pistachios plus 2 Tbsp for garnish
  • 2 tbsp. of chopped dried cranberries that have been softened in boiling water for 5 minutes
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup(s) of mango chutney
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room tempertature
  • 1 butterflied pork tenderloin
  • 1/8 cup(s) of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
  • 2/3 cup(s) of low sodium beef broth
  • 1 tbsp. of mango chutney
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch diluted and made into a creamy paste with 2 additional Tbsp beef broth (optional for a thicker sauce)
Directions
  1. Saute onions and celery for one minute over medium high heat just until soft. Add garlic and continue to saute 20 seconds until fragrant. Remove from heat.
  2. Mix together couscous, onion, celery, garlic, pistachios, cranberries, chutney and cream cheese until well incorporated.
  3. Brush tenderloin with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (about 1/4 tsp each. Spread tenderloin with stuffing. Fold over and tie with butcher string. Extra stuffing can be eaten on it's own (very good) or used to stuff other meats like chicken breasts,
  4. Pour 1 Tbsp olive oil into a heavy bottomed pan turned to medium high. When pan is hot, sear the tenderloin on all four sides and then roast 25-35 minutes in a 425 oven.
  5. While the tenderloin is roasting, bring beef broth to a boil. Add the chutney and Philadelphia Cream Cheese and whisk until cheese is well incorporated. Turn to low stirring occasionally until the roast is ready to serve. If you like a thicker sauce, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and boil until thickened.
  6. When roast reaches an internal temperature of 160, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
  7. Slice tenderloin into 1 inch pieces, arrange on a plate and drizzle liberally with the cream sauce. Garnish with 2 Tbsp chopped pistachios and fresh parsley.




***

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.

Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.

Facebook Twitter YouTube


Comments

  1. This is definitely a prize winning recipe. Looks so veryyyy goooood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment