Sweet and Savoury Turkey Meatballs with Mango Chutney

I've made no secret over the last few months about the weight loss journey I've been on - especially because I am having so much success this time around.

It can mostly be attributed, I think, to my new found passion for creating recipes that are lighter but lose nothing in the flavour or texture department.

But I've also retrained myself to eat less and more slowly by using smaller plates and taking the time to make the plate look beautiful.

I'm not sure why this is, but the more beautiful a dish looks, the more satisfying it becomes. And the more satisfying it is, the less you have to eat.

Sweet and Savoury Meatballs with Mango Chutney
For printable recipe click HERE



    Ingredients
    • 1 lb ground turkey
    • 1 small diced onion
    • 2 cloves minced garlic
    • 1 diced celery stalk
    • 1/4 cup craisins
    • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
    • 1/4 tsp cumin
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 tsp Patak's mild curry paste
    • 1 egg
    • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
    • 1 cup mango chutney
    • 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray
    2. Mix all of the ingredients except the chutney and broth together in a large bowl and form into small meatballs. Place meatballs in prepared casserole dish.
    3. Mix the broth and chutney together and pour over the meatballs. 
    4. Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes, removing from oven twice during the cooking process to turn the meatballs over.
    5. After the meatballs have baked 50 minutes, remove the lid, turn meatballs one last time, and bake for another ten minutes. 
    6. Serve with rice or as appetizers.
    Absolutely delicious!

     

     Subscribe to me on YouTube

    Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


    Enter your email address:


    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


    Subscribe in a reader

    Comments

    1. LOOKS GREAT, AS ALWAYS, LYNDS.

      I ACTUALLY WENT THRU A PHASE OF USING GROUND TURKEY 2 MAKE BURGER PATTIES JUST AS SOMETHING DIFFERENT 2 TRY AND JAZZ THE MENU UP, AND I HAVE A KILLER MEATLOAF RECIPE THAT I MODIFIED FROM MY BETTY CROCKER MEATLOAF RECIPE.

      I USE 1 LB GROUND TURKEY AND 1 LB LEAN HAMBURGER MEAT, MUSHROOMS, WILL VARY IT WITH OATMEAL ONE TIME AND BREAD CRUMBS ANOTHER, AND COLBY JACK CHEESE CHUNKS.

      IT ALWAYS GETS RAVE REVIEWS AND MAKES THE BEST SANDWICHES THE NEXT DAY 4 LUNCH.

      I LOVE THE CRAZINS TOUCH WITH YER MEATBALLS, AND AGAIN I NOTICED THE CURRY POWDER AS WELL.

      SOUNDS VERY INTRIGUING 2 BOTH PALLET AND TUMMY ALIKE.

      TOWANDA, BABY!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have blue plates & have never noticed that I eat less...maybe now I will :) Try turkey burgers mixed with salsa, add avocado on a wheat roll - yummy! The possibilities are endless with ground turkey or chicken! Do you have a recipe for the mango chutney or do you buy it at the store?

      ReplyDelete
    3. I actually just buy mine at the store. I like major grey's :-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Lyndsay, I made your turkey meatballs this past weekend and they were to die for. Graham said that those were the best meatballs he ever had. Thank you for the receipe!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'm so glad you like these Lucie! They are a favourite of mine too and might just appear in a recipe book eventually :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment